Can lightbridge be used without a Drone/Gimbal?
4053 7 2014-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eschermedia
New

United Kingdom

Ive recently purchased the lightbridge for use with my DJI Ronin but was wondering if it was possible to use the lightbridge without the gimbal? Basically as a way of remotley streaming video from a stationary location or attached to a roaming camera without the need to hold heavy rig?
2014-10-6
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.2

China

Yes, you could use the lightbridge without the gimbal.
Make sure there is still power supply  for the air end.

2014-10-8
Use props
paul.dorotich
New

Canada

DJI-Tenna Posted at 2014-10-8 17:23
Yes, you could use the lightbridge without the gimbal.
Make sure there is still power supply  for t ...

What is the best way to power the air unit when I am only connecting it to a video camera via HDMI and have no drone with a gimbal?
2014-10-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

The unit comes with a cable called the DIY cable... this will allow you to connect a 3s - 6s battery via an xt60 connector.
2014-10-21
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-10-21 15:09
The unit comes with a cable called the DIY cable... this will allow you to connect a 3s - 6s battery via an xt60 connector.

What does this DIY cable look like? Can you be a little more specific. I just got the LB2 unit and don't have a gimbal. I have the gimbal cable, a DBUS Cable I and II, and an AV Cable. I'm not seeing anything in the documentation called a DIY cable.
2017-2-20
Use props
youzq
lvl.2
China

DIY is only for LB1, there is such a cable for LB2 any more, but you can diy the gimbal port cable which contain the power supply wire.
2017-3-31
Use props
proedros13
New

Greece

Hello I am updating the thread.
Can I use the lightbridge 1 without a Drone or Gimbal after latest firmware upgrade ?
2018-1-22
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

I am using it right now, plugged 12V into the air unit, it works fine except in fullhd mode hdmi output is screwed up.in smooth or realtime mode hdmi out is fine.usb video is fine in all modes. Somebody has the same issue?
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules