Compact Phantom 4 Pro+ Hard Case in UK
1894 18 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50092 ft
United Kingdom

I have been searching for a hard case for my Phantom 4 Pro+.
I bought a GPC case but when it arrived it turned out to be the wrong one and the P4P+ controller doesn't fit. Noone seems to stock the GPC or Nanuk 945 here in the UK, and I have been told there is a 3 - 4 week shipping delay.

Also, even if they were available, both the GPC and Nanuk cases are quite big compared to the packaging box that the P4P+ comes in. I wonder if there is something that is similar size to the packaging case, but made with a proper resin exterior and foam interior?
2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have you checked the DJI store already?

They have a nice P4 case available there. Pricey, but nice looking.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
fansa20284ae
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-26 03:08

The backpacks are awesome as well.
2017-1-26
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-26 03:08

Thanks! I have had a look at the store, but could only see a soft backpack and a hard shell backpack.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer. I would like a hard shell case, really one that can go as checked luggage if necessary, but also as small as possible (I know this is a bit of a contradiction).

Do DJI have a 'proper' hard shell case as well?

2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mitel Posted at 2017-1-26 03:26
Thanks! I have had a look at the store, but could only see a soft backpack and a hard shell backpack.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer. I would like a hard shell case, really one that can go as checked luggage if necessary, but also as small as possible (I know this is a bit of a contradiction).

For my Phantom 3 Pro, I bought the DJI hardshell backpack. Which is quite nice, very comfortable too.
But I desired more battery storage space, so acquired the Nanuk 945. As you mentioned they are hefty, but extremely well built. A little on the heavy side, but what brand of secure vault isn't? Haha.

The newer DJI hardshell is quite nice too.  
If you want a hard side case, they don't make them very small, they are all pretty much the same exterior dimensions.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-26 03:31
For my Phantom 3 Pro, I bought the DJI hardshell backpack. Which is quite nice, very comfortable too.
But I desired more battery storage space, so acquired the Nanuk 945. As you mentioned they are hefty, but extremely well built. A little on the heavy side, but what brand of secure vault isn't? Haha.

Ah, thanks then I guess that is the situation.

I would probably be okay with the Nanuk 945, but trying to buy one in the UK seems to be not easy!
2017-1-26
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

try case club, the have cases for the phantoms, they might have what you want.
2017-1-26
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-26 06:00
try case club, the have cases for the phantoms, they might have what you want.

Yes, I had been looking at this one by CaseClub
CaseClub DJI Phantom 4 Compact Waterproof Drone Case
It is the most compact of all the hard cases I had researched at approx. 20.75 X 16.5 X 9.25 inches but still to big for me and not sure if it would take the P4P+ controller. I did email CaseClub and this is there reply on 21 December.

Hello Philip,
The ASSYCC1065409PLDJIP4 has not been tested to fit the Phantom 4 Pro plus and it will most likely not fit the integral screen. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Amanda Evango

The Nanuk 945 is a whopping 25 X 19.75 X 8.75 inches in size.
So sticking with the DJI supplied foam box for the time being - approx. 15 X 13 X 9 inches
2017-1-26
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-26 07:58
It is the most compact of all the hard cases I had researched at approx. 20.75 X 16.5 X 9.25 inches but still to big for me and not sure if it would take the P4P+ controller. I did email CaseClub and this is there reply on 21 December.

Thanks, this does indeed look promising but I would need to wait for confirmation that the 'plus' is okay.

I wonder why no-one makes a hard jacket (i.e. resin) case that is otherwise more or less the same size and layout as the DJI packaging.
Edit: well maybe this is my answer! http://www.caseclub.com/dji-phantom-4-drone-case-factory-box.htm. Hope it fits the Pro+ pack.

2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mitel Posted at 2017-1-26 03:43
Ah, thanks then I guess that is the situation.

I would probably be okay with the Nanuk 945, but trying to buy one in the UK seems to be not easy!

I could get you a Nanuk 945 and send it to you. But besides the case cost, shipping might get pricey...

The other option, is to buy a case with pluck and pick foam, and design your own interior.
These cases can be acquired much cheaper, without the phantom cutout foam.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-26 07:58

they will fit, but you must do a little alteration to the foam, but not a problem at all.
2017-1-26
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-26 10:14
I could get you a Nanuk 945 and send it to you. But besides the case cost, shipping might get pricey...

The other option, is to buy a case with pluck and pick foam, and design your own interior.

Thank you RedHotPoker, that is a really generous offer!

Actually, I think maybe your pluck and pick idea is the way to go because I can buy the case in that format locally and save a bundle on shipping.

Also, maybe I can find a case that is roughly the same dimensions as the Case Club one.
2017-1-26
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-26 10:25
they will fit, but you must do a little alteration to the foam, but not a problem at all.

I could live with that, but unfortunately the shipping cost to the UK is $94 - almost as much as the case itself
2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mitel Posted at 2017-1-26 23:33
Thank you RedHotPoker, that is a really generous offer!

Actually, I think maybe your pluck and pick idea is the way to go because I can buy the case in that format locally and save a bundle on shipping.

I could have bought the Nanuk 945 here and saved nearly half the cost, if I had gone that route myself.
But I opted for the phantom cutout foam, and having all the storage spaces pre cut. It was the six battery slots that sold me the most. If you take your time and layout your pattern, before you remove any of the squares of foam, you'll be fine.  Just go slow, measure twice and cut once as we say in the handy carpentry trades. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I just ordered the polar pro trekker v2. Seems flight friendly and not too big when carrying around locally. More like a regular sack. But if your a professional with extra tools may be a little on small side.
2017-1-27
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hobbymounts.. They may have something if you havnt already checked them out
2017-1-27
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mitel Posted at 2017-1-26 03:26

I've read that it is forbidden to put the Li-Po batteries into a checked luggage. So I take the hard-shell backpack as hand luggage together with batteries. Fortunately in the new P4P hard-shell backpack there are compartments for a notebook and other small items.

Do you use another smaller container to carry your batteries in a hand luggage? It is really interesting to me as I fly with my quad quite a lot.
2017-1-27
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BashP4P+ Posted at 2017-1-27 01:08
Hobbymounts.. They may have something if you havnt already checked them out

Thanks for the link to Hobbymounts, I found the B&W case there and followed that thread to Maplins who have 2 different B&W:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/bandw- ... 4-drone-black-a78wj

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/bandw- ... 4-drone-black-a77wj

Both will need some knife work to accommodate the 'plus' display. The props off (Type 6000) case is 20.1 x 16.5 x 8.5 and the props on (Type 61) is 19.7 x 16.7 x 9.1, so both are comparable to the CaseClub size.

The manufacturer's site has large photos and more details:

http://www.b-w-international.com/product/type-6000-dji4/

http://www.b-w-international.com/product/type-61-dji4/

This review gives a good look at the box, and the foam looks better than in the photos.

I'm in 2 minds - props off - slightly less bulky, or props on for convenience!
2017-1-27
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have also read batteries need to be carried into hand luggage and not  checked luggage. Can you carry the whole drone in hand luggage? I rather have the p4p+ and laptop etc with me instead of sending it to checked luggage and risk losing it. Ive seen how checked luggage is treated on airplanes. Pretty bad depending on destination.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules