Gimbal knob sucks & yaw knob
641 2 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2
United States

DJI are you listening?

Two comments about the gimbal knob on the P4P controller, or what I DON'T LIKE about the gimbal knob:
#1 What I don't like - I had a P3S for a very short time, and that knob had a MUCH better feel! I don't have it anymore but it seems it had a semi-rubberized knurled grip, and it was widder. The P4P knob feels narrower, more "slippery" and not as easy to controll precisely. Yes it's knurled but still, I liked the knob on the P3S MUCH BETTER! All the rubberized pads on the P4P radio but not on the knob. On a warm day with slightly sweaty hands how is that supposed to work?

#2 What I don't like - I can't reverse the direction of gimbal pitch. Why doesn't DJI make that possible? It's only software! The joystick (pitch) on my Osmo is the same way, backwards if you've ever flown RC! This is my plus one for that!

My wish list? Besides the above...
How about putting the aircraft yaw on a knob on the right stick. Like the old single stick transmitters that had pitch, roll and yaw all on the right stick. Now THAT would be COOL! I've done that to my transmitter for my planes...

Yaw Knob

Yaw Knob
2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can change your RC flight mode from 2 to something else, in the app.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you reversed the pitch of the gimbal then the image would be upside down. If you want to film fyling backwards, just fly backwards.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules