3407 59 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Flying High Bro Posted at 2017-1-31 04:29
Well I finally was able to find it and retrieve it. It was submerged in water, just near the top of the water, held up by reeds, and surrounded by long reeds, so it was well hidden. And located in the spot marked on map. Its been 5 days since it went missing, little bits of rust forming on the screws , pictures here;
https://goo.gl/photos/c2879w72DDrutbHh9

That sucks! Too bad man. Glad you found it but obviously there won't be much to salvage. Hang in there Bro. Seems DJI has a real issue on their hands for sure. Maybe they can try and make some sort of attempt to help you out.
2017-1-31
Use props
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-1-31 04:37
Yes, they have even stopped production of certain drones for this period....& I believe it's for more than 1 week, thought I heqard three mentioned somewhere, but could be wrong.

Guys. The Chinese don't do vacation or time off. I've been to Shenzhen China and spent months there. They have huge factories and right next to them like 100 feet away is where the workers live. They work, eat, sleep and that's about it.
2017-1-31
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Flying High Bro Posted at 2017-1-31 04:29
Well I finally was able to find it and retrieve it. It was submerged in water, just near the top of the water, held up by reeds, and surrounded by long reeds, so it was well hidden. And located in the spot marked on map. Its been 5 days since it went missing, little bits of rust forming on the screws , pictures here;
https://goo.gl/photos/c2879w72DDrutbHh9

Make sure you do NOT try to charge or use the battery, it's toast if it got wet.
2017-1-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

u gonna try to retrieve the log from the drone itself? There's an SD card inside - if u send it to DJI (assuming u r still under warranty) they will most likely be able to get the logs from the drone itself, aside from your logs, and perhaps they can work it out for u? Was this a Standard? Did u have a distance limit set on it?
2017-1-31
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Wow I should use a gpa tracker or something
2017-1-31
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Your lucky you got it back.
2017-1-31
Use props
TheBlob
lvl.1

United States

Sorry for your loss
2017-1-31
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25249 ft
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-31 10:49
Make sure you do NOT try to charge or use the battery, it's toast if it got wet.

Thanks for the heads up.. i noticed its started to swell. I have a spare battery across town, so once I get there I can do a test, but it really doesnt look happy, the motors have started to get rusty looking too.
If I do test this thing, I'll have it tied to a piece of rope.
2017-2-1
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-31 10:49

Thanks for the heads up.. i noticed its started to swell. I have a spare battery across town, so once I get there I can do a test, but it really doesnt look happy, the motors have started to get rusty looking too.
2017-2-1
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Australia

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-31 10:55
u gonna try to retrieve the log from the drone itself? There's an SD card inside - if u send it to DJI (assuming u r still under warranty) they will most likely be able to get the logs from the drone itself, aside from your logs, and perhaps they can work it out for u? Was this a Standard? Did u have a distance limit set on it?

Thanks for all the support messages.

I filled out the DJI other support options web form, after I fill in all the details, the button is stuck at Loading... - so dont know if it went through.

Yeah if they want the logs off SD, I'll send whatever they need.  
2017-2-1
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Flying High Bro Posted at 2017-2-1 07:32

"I'll have it tied to a piece of rope." Are you a cowboy, it's not a calf. lol
2017-2-1
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

That is great, how the heck did you find it? I don't even see it in the pics. I'd be interested in finding out how you make out with repairs or replacement
2017-2-1
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-1 12:34
That is great, how the heck did you find it? I don't even see it in the pics. I'd be interested in finding out how you make out with repairs or replacement

The images are probably from Google Maps or Earth. They were taken lomg before this happened. They just showed the position. Pity it was in a pond.

Really hope having made a recovery that you get sorted with a new unit. It's good to know that it does record the incorrect home point accuately.
2017-2-1
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

did you get it to work?
2017-2-10
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>
United States

we need to hold DJI accountable for their sometimes stupidity when it comes to releasing these updates.  Literally! I mean if we boycott any future purchases from these people maybe they will fix their stupidity.  It has become very obvious that they don't give a crap.
2017-2-12
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

It's good to know that it does record the incorrect home point accurately.

Too ironic to make a sensible reply!
2017-2-12
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

SORRY 2 HEAR THAT.........HOPE YOU FIND IT
2017-2-12
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-2-12 11:51
SORRY 2 HEAR THAT.........HOPE YOU FIND IT

Did you actually take time to read the posts in this thread? Making one syllable replies to a lot of threads to boost your count isn't very productive or helpful.
2017-2-12
Use props
greenwire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38281 ft
United States

Flying High Bro Posted at 2017-2-1 07:32

Use the spare battery and first try without propellers. Keep us posted.
2017-2-13
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

That sucks but glad you found it, the photo of it on the hood just made me sad with the stains from the water. Hope DJI gives you a new one, sounds like the app has caused a whole bunch of problems.
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules