Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enrico.Schoenig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43570 ft
Germany

Hi folk,

i would like to hear your opinion:

I have the P4P now for 1 1/2 months and sometimes when i start the drone the gimbal is moving up and down and stops in back/down position. I need to restart the drone 1,2,3 times to fix this issue. I openend a ticket @DJI and they told me i have to send back the drone for a repair. In the forum i found a video which explains how to fix it by downgrading the firmware to the first firmware and then upgrade again but that didn't work. 2 times i also got an error in the DJI GO App see Attachment...

Is it really necessary to send the drone back? For me it feels more like a firmware problem.

Thanks in advance!

0.png
2017-1-26
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

This may help if you have tried everything else.  At the very least it can't hurt.

1.  Make sure all of your firmware is up to date.  If updated,  restart your drone or follow prompts.

2.  Check your details on your IMU.  If they look off (and maybe just to be sure) calibrate your IMU by following the easy prompts.   Always make sure you are away from metal/interference causing objects. After Calibration, restart your drone or follow prompts.

3.  Calibrate your compass.  Follow Prompts

4.  Recalibrate your gimbal

After taking these steps and still no luck (unless you know how to check your wiring/gimbal attachments),  you should send  it in.  This doesn't seem like a firmware issue at all.  However if you think it may be try downgrading  your current firmware and then restarting your drone to see if that fixes the issue.  Unlikely, but you never know.   Good luck man
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules