Phantom 4 Pro+ / DJI Go 4 Crashing
2122 7 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantom5
lvl.1
United States

My new Phantom 4 Pro+ arrived in the mail yesterday so I decided to set it up today.  I followed the setup process and activated it.  However, whenver I enter the DJI Go 4 application it crashes with the following error, "Unfortunately the DJI Go 4 app has stopped working".  It happens pretty much no matter what I try to do, even if I go to education and try to run the simulator.  

As a result of the error I decided to update the firmware on the drone and RC.  The RC was already at the latest version so there isn't much I can do.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can resolve this?  Should I just have the remote exchanged?

Also, I noticed a factory reset option on the RC.  If I run this option what exactly will it reset the device to?  Will it go back to DJI factory settings, or Android?

Thanks.
2017-1-26
Use props
Freefall25
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50043 ft
United States

Mine had the same issue. There is a youtube video showing how to correct it. I don't have the link handy at the moment but if you search the forum you can find it. Go into the setting on the controller and reset the controller. Off the top of my head I think it is- press the Cog icon, Back Up and Reset, Factory Reset (INCLUDE SD CARD). Make sure to INCLUDE the option to rest the SD Card as that is the key to fixing this issue. After I did that, it worked fine.
2017-1-26
Use props
Abee
lvl.1

United States

Interesting! Thanks for posting Freefall25. There's a ton of GO 4 app users who are experiencing this issue, wonder why this hasnt already been addressed by DJI. I do not see any DJI responses on google play either which is surprising and disappointing. I ended up cancelling my order becoz of this! I am waiting for a solution to this before I take the plunge...

Would like to know if the solution worked for you phantom5 and what H/w (Phones) you are using.

thanks
2017-1-26
Use props
phantom5
lvl.1
United States

Abee Posted at 2017-1-26 11:44
Interesting!  Thanks for posting Freefall25. There's a ton of GO 4 app users who are experiencing this issue, wonder why this hasnt already been addressed by DJI. I do not see any DJI responses on google play either which is surprising and disappointing. I ended up cancelling my order becoz of this! I am waiting for a solution to this before I take the plunge...

Would like to know if the solution worked for you phantom5 and what H/w (Phones) you are using.

Sorry it took so long to reply.  I spoke with DJI suppport and they told me to ship the entire setup back for a full replacement so that's what I did.  

When I asked about the factory reset I was told there is no way to do that.  She said the factory reset is for cache and logs only and will not reset the entire device.  When I get the new one I will checkout the option mentioned by Freefall25.  I cannot believe there is not way to reset, this doesn't sound correct.  After all its just Android.  
2017-1-28
Use props
Jindovic
New

Australia

Today I received my DJI 4 Pro with controller and screen, but I have the same problem.  haven't been able to fly because it says the app keeps crashing as you have described.  DJI support were not any help, so am wondering if you have come up with a solution for this...
2017-1-30
Use props
rcheng99
lvl.1

United States

Jindovic Posted at 2017-1-30 00:57
Today I received my DJI 4 Pro with controller and screen, but I have the same problem.  haven't been able to fly because it says the app keeps crashing as you have described.  DJI support were not any help, so am wondering if you have come up with a solution for this...

I can't believe DJI still has not corrected this yet.  To get it working, try this:

1.  Turn on the drone and connect to the controller
2.  Go into the controller settings and do a backup and restore
3.  Fly drone

Good luck~!
2017-1-30
Use props
phantom5
lvl.1
United States

So I received my refunded P4P in the mail yesterday.  I fired it up and unfortunately I received the exact same error.  I contacted tech support and spent a few hours online with them.  They were not able to resolve the issue and told me they need me to send the item back for another exchange.    One of the standard procedures for the support team is to do a backup and restore.  The way they told me to do it didn't resolve the issue.  They had me update all the firware and all sorts of stuff.

After I closed the chat with tech support I did some research.  I discovered the issue was being caused by the SD card.  Inside the "Backup and Restore" setting there is an option to select and erase the SD card.  If you check this and run the restore it resolves the issue.  The problem is tech support doesn't realize the issue is being caused by the SD card, so they don't understand how to fix it.  

The problem I discovered is that the drone couldn't read the card that came with it. My thought is that DJI is not formatting the cards and the drone won't recognized it so it throws an error.

This was very time consuming and a total waste of time for such a minor issue.   I ended up waiting weeks for a replacement, but in the end I learned something.  LOL

Anyways the solution to the problem is:
1) Go to settings
2) Select "backup and restore" - factory reset
3) Select to erase the SD card
4) run
2017-2-22
Use props
phantom5
lvl.1
United States

Jindovic Posted at 2017-1-30 00:57

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this post.  I spent all this time waiting for my replacement.  It just arrived yesterday and I had the same issue.  See my post above for the solution.
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules