Flying without Prop Locks
1569 12 2015-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

Just wondering how many people are flying their Inspire 1 without prop locks. I've done nine flights, but all this talk about the Inspire 1 falling out of the sky (for various reasons) I wanted to get a feeler for how many people actually are concerened about the props comming off.

As for me, I test the tightness of each prop after every flight. So far it's been okay. The main issue is, I have no idea when I'll be recieving my locks, and it's a shame to keep the bird grounded.
2015-2-18
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Japan

In my opinion as long as you do not go from full power to iddle, there is no way that those propscome off!!!
Only a huge inertia could loose them.
2015-2-18
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

I have prop locks now, but I did 50+ flights without them with some aggressive flying. I just always made sure they were super hand tight before flying. I had 0 issues.
2015-2-18
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not sure why you would fly without them if you have them. Why risk it.
2015-2-18
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

New props and prop mount clips from dji for the inspire coming soon .
2015-2-18
Use props
pidetectives.ya
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will be available in a week or so from DJI
Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 5.59.36 PM.png
2015-2-18
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

I 3D printed some prop locks but the fit was terrible. Out of 8 prop locks, I broke 4, using only slight pressure. I'm still waiting for the official DJI prop locks to arrive.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess it's pretty much open ended. Some choose to fly with, and some choose without.
2015-2-18
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

Hey folks

I have done about 5 hours flying and had no issue of loose props. I use the prop locks since they arrived. But then yesterday one of my props was loose when I removed the lock!! They are always really tight when I put them on and so this was really surprising for me. I can therefore confirm that the prop lock appears to have saved my Inspire!

Roastie
2015-2-18
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

Roastie Posted at 2015-2-19 06:15
Hey folks

I have done about 5 hours flying and had no issue of loose props. I use the prop locks si ...

Thanks! that's good to know. I guess I'll probably ground my Inspire until i get the locks. I really dont want accidents happening. Mainly because I dont want to damage other people's property or hurt anyone.

2015-2-18
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Just follow the flight suggestions from DJI and be safe! Fly with prop lock! I did loose a prop. You feel stupid when you do.
2015-2-18
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

hej@mgns.se Posted at 2015-2-19 07:08
Just follow the flight suggestions from DJI and be safe! Fly with prop lock! I did loose a prop. You ...

roger that. prop locks need to come sooner!
2015-2-18
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

Installed my prop locks. Flying without them isn't worth the risk.
2015-2-18
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

pidetectives.ya Posted at 2015-2-19 00:14
Will be available in a week or so from DJI

These look really sweet. I hope I can grab a set before they sell out!
2015-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules