Mavic crashed
911 4 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwedishDroneMas
lvl.2
Sweden

So my friend got his drone yesterday, and today when he was out flying, it began to loose altitude and finally crashed into a house roof. The drone was still on when he went to pick it up, but the camera is broken and its impossible to use it again. What do you guys think he should do about this? It really wasnt his fault I think, it really sounds lika a problem with the product. He let go of the controller, hence it was supposed to hover, but it kept going down really fast until it hit the roof and broke. Any clues what to do? Thanks!
2017-1-26
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Synchronize your flight logs in the app (compass icon on start page gets you to the logs). If your friend posts here, the DJI supporters will see his email and be able to find the flight log. Then DJI will check what happened. If it was a technical defect, the Mavic will be repaired or replaced for free.
2017-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well with such little information it's very hard to speculate who's fault it might be,

First thing he should do is sync his flight to dji cloud in the app.

Make contact with dji to create a ticket or case number.  They will arrange for it to be picked up and shipped off to repair centre for assessment,
http://www.dji.com/service/repair
Once assessed, they will be able to tell him if Mavic malfunctioned or pilot error. He will then be issued an invoice for cost or it will be covered by warranty,

This should all be done and back with him in two weeks.

If he wants some guys to have a look what might have happened he can post his logs here and I'm sure he will get some opinions and help.

He can upload logs at this address and post here.
ht/tp://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Good luck..
2017-1-26
Use props
fansc97a05db
New

United States

I also got mine about 3 days ago. Tried fly it nd hit a tree branch at that it broke my camera. Would I have to do the same ??
2017-1-27
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

fansc97a05db Posted at 2017-1-27 08:49
I also got mine about 3 days ago. Tried fly it nd hit a tree branch at that it broke my camera. Would I have to do the same ??

yes use the link above and create your case and dji will get back to you.  Since its your fault so it will cost you to get fix though.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules