1285 9 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idjmic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57740 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Correct me if I'm wrong if you buy the X4S camera the SSD is ueseless as it doesn't shoot in RAW.  Secondly if you don't have proper expensive software to edit the DNG files that save to the SSD it is also useless to own an SSD.

Thanks for the insight
2017-1-26
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also Useless if you buy DJI Inspire 2 like myself and others,   Seems the SSD drives are not really available so end up waiting to shoot RAW video until the drives become on the Market or after Chinese New Year.

Please lets be clear here, The Inspire 2 is a major Update from the Inspire 1

It may be months before I can my hands on this very expensive memory with is way over priced .

I have the Inspire 1 X5R unit that I don't trust the single battery anymore , thousands of dollars spent on something I can't even sell without taking a major loss on it.

Thanks enough of my venting !!!!  

2017-1-26
Use props
idjmic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-1-26 11:36
Also Useless if you buy DJI Inspire 2 like myself and others,   Seems the SSD drives are not really available so end up waiting to shoot RAW video until the drives become on the Market or after Chinese New Year.

I know of SSD in stock at locations in Canada but that didn't answer my questions.
2017-1-26
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

idjmic Posted at 2017-1-26 12:17
I know of SSD in stock at locations in Canada but that didn't answer my questions.

They started shipping the SSD's, just saw my order turn to shipped, no tracking number. A lot sooner than I expected. Thought it would be mid to late Feb before I get it.
2017-1-26
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi.

Why would you not trust a single battery drone? If the battery is starting to show signs of failure, then it should be replaced of course. If you are worried that the drone is faulty, then I would think a trip to the local drone-service that has DJI certificate should do the trick. Because the drone you own is still one heck of a machine. According to what I have read the difference in the RAW files of the I1 and I2 are not that far away from each other.
2017-1-26
Use props
idjmic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Let me as again as I'm still looking for an answer...
Correct me if I'm wrong if you buy the X4S camera the SSD is ueseless as it doesn't shoot in RAW?
Secondly if you don't have proper expensive software to edit the DNG files that save to the SSD it is also useless to own an SSD?
2017-1-26
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am 98 percent sure you are correct.  But  I'd want someone from DJI to chime in on that.

2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That is correct that you do not need a SSD if you plan to use a X4S. The SSD only saves ProRes and CinemaDNG coded videos.
2017-1-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Why don't you trust the single battery? There are hundreds of  thousands of hours logged in on the Inspire 1 and very few actual failures.

Can you guarantee your driving won't result in an accident?

IMO this post is alarmist and reflects weak thinking. Sorry.
2017-1-27
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Runi Posted at 2017-1-26 12:38
Hi.

Why would you not trust a single battery drone? If the battery is starting to show signs of failure, then it should be replaced of course. If you are worried that the drone is faulty, then I would think a trip to the local drone-service that has DJI certificate should do the trick. Because the drone you own is still one heck of a machine. According to what I have read the difference in the RAW files of the I1 and I2 are not that far away from each other.

Probably because many, many people were caught out by the Battery level 'bug' and the various issues surrounding self-discharge that had them drop from 70%+ to single figures in seconds...
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules