Front Liights or Red Lights
2886 35 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2Blades
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99908 ft
United States

I see a lot of videos when watching how to do something and the front red lights are not on.  I also noticed the other night that there were no lights on in the front (no red lights).  Shouldn't these be on?  Could I have invertantly turned them off?  

Help is something wrong??

2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Did you try to turn them off? Go into the app and find the switch... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-26 11:30
Did you try to turn them off? Go into the app and find the switch... ;-)

I was hoping someone was going to make me look stupid!  Thanks!

Would you mind telling me where to turn them on?  I even put on reading glasses and still don't see anything about lights.....

Thanks!
2017-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2Blades Posted at 2017-1-26 11:46

Would you mind telling me where to turn them on?  I even put on reading glasses and still don't see anything about lights.....

You can also set them to turn off when your taking photos or videoing.
Good luck..
2017-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2Blades Posted at 2017-1-26 11:46

Main controller settings
Scroll down advance settings
Bottom of the page led lights
If you want to set them properly you need to be connected to aircraft.
Good luck
2017-1-26
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-26 12:05
Main controller settings
Scroll down advance settings
Bottom of the page led lights

No wonder I could not find it.....Forarm Lamp!  ARG!  Well there are my pretty red lights!

Thanks,  I even searched Forearm Lamp when I first saw this and nothing in the manual....
2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You have seriously got to go through the whole app and become familiar. . . Maybe you just did.. Ha

It's fun, learning all about your aircraft, and how the app has developed. Changed and grown up.

Every new firmware may bring new features, while some have been dropped or moved as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

2Blades Posted at 2017-1-26 12:15
No wonder I could not find it.....Forarm Lamp!  ARG!  Well there are my pretty red lights!

Thanks,  I even searched Forearm Lamp when I first saw this and nothing in the manual....

Good to hear you were able to get it sorted.
2017-1-27
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-26 22:13
You have seriously got to go through the whole app and become familiar. . . Maybe you just did.. Ha

It's fun, learning all about your aircraft, and how the app has developed. Changed and grown up.

I am trying to lean.  I love my P4P but the documentation has much to be desired.  And the videos I find are mostly out of date.  Trying to figure all of it out but some terms like forearm lamp?  I even googled that and it's an old lamp that has an elbow for adjusting and positioning the light, I figured it would at least be a Aeronautical term.

Thankfully for what I can't figure out, I can get help from you all!

Thanks again to all!
2017-1-27
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, just as Mr. Poker said...go through the app....ALL of it, familiarize yourself with all of it before you take off, read the manual, read on this forum, soon you will be telling others were the switch is to turn on/off those red light.  Have fun.
2017-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ProQuad Posted at 2017-1-27 04:10
Yes, just as Mr. Poker said...go through the app....ALL of it, familiarize yourself with all of it before you take off, read the manual, read on this forum, soon you will be telling others were the switch is to turn on/off those red light.  Have fun.

It's quite often because of unfamiliarity that there have been mishaps and problematic flights among new RC pilots who have not gone over the app and aircraft with a fine tooth comb. Find the nits. Haha

Yes it's correct that DJI has been lax in documenting functionality and user friendly parameter controls in better light. But I have always believed that much of what has been omitted, is on us to fill in the gaps.
Figure out those paragraphs or pages. Also, and this is key, We are expected to have some previous experience, before buying a high end hobby grade electronic digital device. Much of what we lack, is just using common sense. Like taking off with a battery that hasn't been topped off.
We have responsibility, that DJI can't Instill in each and every customer. Heck, a lot of people with a new drone, received them as a gift. Somebody thought they would get a kick out of a drone for Christmas, and then, it flew away.
Without having some prior investigation into how to preflight checklist your kit, fly safe, updating firmware or anything else that has an important place in being a conscientious drone pilot. Especially one of this size, that can Definately hurt someone, cause property damage, or break model aircraft flight regulations.
We need to write our own manuals, and keep a journal or diary of special events and unusual flights.
That goes for checking over the app thoroughly after each/every new firmware update or Go app release.
The liner notes don't always express the new feature, or how somethings change, so go and discover them. Scour through the app to reset personal preferences as well, always after you update. Quite often your personal preferential setup may have changed, so we need to reevaluate those parameters and reestablish their values.

Turn on them "Forearm Lamps". Ha

RedHotPoker

2017-1-27
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-27 10:49
It's quite often because of unfamiliarity that there have been mishaps and problematic flights among new RC pilots who have not gone over the app and aircraft with a fine tooth comb. Find the nits. Haha

Yes it's correct that DJI has been lax in documenting functionality and user friendly parameter controls in better light. But I have always believed that much of what has been omitted, is on us to fill in the gaps.

Thanks but I'm not a virgin to drones, only to DJI and their acronyms.  Throw me a pile of server parts and a copy of Microsoft server and I can build/maintain virtual servers all day in my sleep.  If I run into a problem I can figure it out because of documentation with out needing help.

Looking for "paper air planes" and "forarm lamps" (which is NOT in their manual/quick start guide) is not easy when you don't have the documentation tools other than a forum.  This forum is great but the search capabilities could be greatly improved and maybe I would not ask stupid questions.......

I flew my P4P the first day I got it because I knew the basics AND the rules.  I am just trying to learn everything about it and the it's great features.

Thanks to everyone for their help.  
2017-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

2Blades Posted at 2017-1-27 13:45
Thanks but I'm not a virgin to drones, only to DJI and their acronyms.  Throw me a pile of server parts and a copy of Microsoft server and I can build/maintain virtual servers all day in my sleep.  If I run into a problem I can figure it out because of documentation with out needing help.

Looking for "paper air planes" and "forarm lamps" (which is NOT in their manual/quick start guide) is not easy when you don't have the documentation tools other than a forum.  This forum is great but the search capabilities could be greatly improved and maybe I would not ask stupid questions.......

Documentation is limited to the basics, only. They leave it up to you to learn the ins ~ outs, for yourself.

My concern is for everyone, not just yourself.
That's why I chose to post my reply to ProQuad, not directing my response to you in person.  ;-)
Not pointing fingers or judging your piloting prowess, only making a blanket statement.

Yes RTFM, but always go several steps further, to discover all the variables and possibilities there in.

I'm thankful that you are a bright individual. It's refreshing to know you will be flying happy and safe...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-27
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-27 14:12
Documentation is limited to the basics, only. They leave it up to you to learn the ins ~ outs, for yourself.

RedHot, thanks.  At least with these devices, you have manuals to have the initial help. You get a new smart phone you're trying to figure out the parameters, Upton time without any manuals at all. YouTube is helpful but, you have to take some of those things with the ground salt.
2blades, I firmly believe that there is no such thing as stupid questions. If you don't ask then you don't know. Trust me, I've asked my fair share of "stupid questions" on this forum. Have fun with your quad as we all do
2017-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ProQuad Posted at 2017-1-27 14:39
RedHot, thanks.  At least with these devices, you have manuals to have the initial help. You get a new smart phone you're trying to figure out the parameters, Upton time without any manuals at all. YouTube is helpful but, you have to take some of those things with the ground salt.
2blades, I firmly believe that there is no such thing as stupid questions. If you don't ask then you don't know. Trust me, I've asked my fair share of "stupid questions" on this forum. Have fun with your quad as we all do

We need to be intimately involved, to get all the potential good feelings ... Haha

The deeper you delve, the better off, you are going to be, and flying safer. ;-)

I sure Love my drone. . . Chuckles

RedHotPoker

2017-1-27
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-1-27 14:39

Thanks for your reply, appreciate your response!
2017-1-29
Use props
early
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15358 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-27 10:49

Well said,  great advice!
2017-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

early Posted at 2017-1-29 06:35
Well said,  great advice!

It won't take as long to go through the app each time it gets updated, to make corrections.
Than it will, to send it in for repairs. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-29
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-27 14:12

True about the superficial documentation, For me, that, along with their seeming release of products in early beta, speaks very poorly of DJI.
2017-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

gvgeorge Posted at 2017-1-29 11:21
True about the superficial documentation, For me, that, along with their seeming release of products in early beta, speaks very poorly of DJI.

The leaflets and PDF manuals are adequate to get you going, but the knowledge base must to be searched out by us. Through the forums, online blogs and even up to date YouTube videos.
If you followed all the documentation, from the beginning, it wouldn't help a lot either, because many changes have happened over the past 10-12 years, that DJI have been in this business. ;-)

I enjoy the technology, so it's fun to discover what it's all about. Experiment, and learn new things about our models.

RedHotPoker

2017-1-29
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80112 ft
United States

Also on the RCG threads the blogs that Blade Strike, ED, and Mad have some great explanations of these systems. Blades recent one covers the Go app.   enjoy donnie
2017-1-30
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2017-1-30 05:43
Also on the RCG threads the blogs that Blade Strike, ED, and Mad have some great explanations of these systems. Blades recent one covers the Go app.   enjoy donnie

Thanks for the info Donnie!

I will check out the RGC!
2017-1-31
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2017-1-30 05:43

Thanks for the info Donnie!

I will check out the RGC!
2017-1-31
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-26 22:13

yes but could you please tell me what this ESC beeping option does? When I activate it my model will not take off.. Find no documentation or discussion about this option.   thanks,   donnie
2017-2-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2017-2-2 06:53
yes but could you please tell me what this ESC beeping option does? When I activate it my model will not take off.. Find no documentation or discussion about this option.   thanks,   donnie

Sorry I can't, No. As I haven't got that option in my Phantom 3 Pro. Perhaps a DJI rep could explain that option for you... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-2
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-2 11:20
Sorry I can't, No. As I haven't got that option in my Phantom 3 Pro. Perhaps a DJI rep could explain that option for you... ;-)

how do I get them to jump in here as I have found no one to help me with this issue. As model will not allow take off after activating the option it is possible that it has been added to simply help locate a downed model?? donnie
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2017-2-3 07:39
how do I get them to jump in here as I have found no one to help me with this issue. As model will not allow take off after activating the option it is possible that it has been added to simply help locate a downed model?? donnie

I sent a message to DJI-Ken, to have a look at this thread, for you.

But you can message a MOD anytime too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2017-2-2 06:53

Which Phantom do you have, I do not have that option in the GO app.
If it's prior to a Phantom 3 I would think it may be to mute the beeping sound during firmware update as the earlier aircraft beeped pretty loudly during an update.
Just leave it deactivated. I will inquire about though.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-2 11:20

Where do we send your paycheck
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2017-2-3 07:39

I responded.
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-3 10:29
Where do we send your paycheck

If that were only possible, more folks would be helpful here...  But Eh, I thought this was a voluntary commitment?  Any financial renumeration can be sent to the Red Cross... ;-)

But you may forward some rotor props and a spare flight pack to me directly hahaha
You already have my home address and contact info... ;-)

RedHotPoker  
2017-2-3
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

This thread is hilarious (as I find many threads here funny!!).
Seems to be a lot of commentary not related to the issue at hand.   To stay on topic, your lights can be turn off through the menu.  I suggest you go through the menu and look at absolutely everything.  Sometime the light does get stuck "on" when it says it is on or vice versa.  All you have to do is go swipe left to right and continue the process until your lights come back on or turn off.   Not sure if users below have said this,  however if you shoot at night you want it is good to turn the light off so the light does not flood your lens.  My experience is that you will lose clarity if red light is on at night.   Nothing is wrong (unless you want them on).
2017-2-9
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-9 15:16
Seems to be a lot of commentary not related to the issue at hand.   To stay on topic, your lights can be turn off through the menu.  I suggest you go through the menu and look at absolutely everything.  Sometime the light does get stuck "on" when it says it is on or vice versa.  All you have to do is go swipe left to right and continue the process until your lights come back on or turn off.   Not sure if users below have said this,  however if you shoot at night you want it is good to turn the light off so the light does not flood your lens.  My experience is that you will lose clarity if red light is on at night.   Nothing is wrong (unless you want them on).

The bad thing is that in the menu, they are not called navigation lights or even just lights!
2017-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-9 15:16

Another option, tilt the camera gimbal down a tiny bit, and there won't be any Crimson or Scarlet reflection.  There are often several answers to the equation, for us to utilize.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-11
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Definitely an option to tilt down your camera however you may lose your horizon line as DJI has defaulted the P4PRo to a straight horizon which I really like.  However,  if you put on your histogram, you can check to see if it is interfering or not.  Easy solution.
2017-2-11
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

2Blades Posted at 2017-2-11 12:58
The bad thing is that in the menu, they are not called navigation lights or even just lights!

terminology in new technology also has a learning curve.

Also has been fun moving from one voicemail/telcom etc.brand to another..
Panasonic calls it one thing for a feature
Nec does the same feature but a different term is used.
Then same thing with Samsung etc...

with a little time playing in system menus I "pick up " the differences .
But only by actually clicking each menu choice do I find all the goodies hidden away!

good luck and have fun flying!

2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules