2605 17 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cistec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16880 ft
Australia

HI Guys

I do not have the option of naming my drone? When activating it gave the option but while uplaoding it turned of and I lost all the info and then it requested a firmware update on both controller and Aircraft which I did and after a lot of messing around with touchy downloads I finally got the Air craft and Controller working good. I went into the settings to see the device name but I cannot see the Device option anywhere? The Drone is brand new and all firmware is upto date and working great just these few really irritating issues. Can any one advise please.

Eagle Eye
2017-1-26
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

The option to rename your aircraft should be in General Settings page in the Dji Go 4 app.
Click on the quad icon and then on the three dots at the bottom of the list to the left. The Device name option should now be on the right menu.
2017-1-26
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like you have registered and named the drone. I don't think you are able to rename the drone using Android device yet - certainly not on the P4P+ controller with built in screen.

If you look at your flight logs you will see what you have named your drone. Of course you will have needed to make a flight for this to show up in the log.
2017-1-26
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-26 16:10
Sounds like you have registered and named the drone. I don't think you are able to rename the drone using Android device yet - certainly not on the P4P+ controller with built in screen.

If you look at your flight logs you will see what you have named your drone. Of course you will have needed to make a flight for this to show up in the log.

Hmmmm will go fly and see! Thanks
2017-1-26
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-26 15:34
The option to rename your aircraft should be in General Settings page in the Dji Go 4 app.
Click on the quad icon and then on the three dots at the bottom of the list to the left. The Device name option should now be on the right menu.

No its not there! But thanks all the same.
2017-1-26
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

PhantomPhil Posted at 2017-1-26 16:10

Phil, I use android and I have the option to rename the aircraft  in General Settings. Just saw it today and was glad they added the option!
2017-1-26
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

cistec Posted at 2017-1-26 16:41
No its not there! But thanks all the same.

Are you using DJI Go 4 app? I think the option to rename is not available on the GO App version 3.x (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Android or iOS?
2017-1-26
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

cistec Posted at 2017-1-26 16:40
Hmmmm will go fly and see! Thanks

Where in the flight log would it be? on the open screen? because the opening screen has a part of my email name above the Growth of Value heading. Which brings me to the conclusion that it has just taken part of my log in email to DJI site and populated it with the first few letters of email name...Strange! Now my question is can I change that name?

cheers
2017-1-26
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-26 17:01
Are you using DJI Go 4 app? I think the option to rename is not available on the GO App version 3.x (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Android or iOS?

I am running the inbuilt Andriod OS on the DJI 4 PRO + with built in screen.

I also got a P4 and have the same problem naming it also??? using DJI GO.

Why do they make it so difficult for such a simple request when you think how advance the unit is and how popular the growth of the second hand market is getting. You would think this is a common request with second hand users..I could be wrong?
I also noticed that when opening the setting on the RC the same name is showing also just below the Avatar image.

2017-1-26
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

I think it has got to be at the activation stage ..which was a comedy of errors trying to sign up and login and link the Drone to RC...keep returning failed authentication on so many attempts.
2017-1-26
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Lebanon

Well it's a newly added option, before we couldn't rename our drone in any way!!!
I think it will be added to the P4P+ soon cos I can see it on my P4P, not sure about the P4 though.
Maybe wait for a P4P+ owner to chime in.
2017-1-26
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

The-CROW Posted at 2017-1-26 17:24
Well it's a newly added option, before we couldn't rename our drone in any way!!!
I think it will be added to the P4P+ soon cos I can see it on my P4P, not sure about the P4 though.
Maybe wait for a P4P+ owner to chime in.

Yeah maybe a P4PRO+ owner but then again its a new product so maybe I have to wait? I am awaiting a reply from DJI support.

Cheers to all that chip in.
2017-1-26
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

You cannot have the character + in the name, dji software wont recognise it. If you are using that character , use '"plus" instead
2017-1-27
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-27 00:50
You cannot have the character + in the name, dji software wont recognise it. If you are using that character , use '"plus" instead

Hi SPIKE, thanks for the imput, I understand the sensitivity of the characters but my question is why cant I rename my drone the name I wish to, now that I have activated it and registered it and also have DJI care protection  over it. I have no option in DJI GO 4 current version to change the name and I am asking why? is it a problem in the software or my process of activation? did I miss something out? and even if I did why will it not allow me do these very simple changes? strange! DJI replied saying they are all on Chinese new year holiday and will not reply till 31 Jan so I will have to wait.
2017-1-27
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United States

I see your problem, I think its to do with the license agreement in that you only get to name it once, the first time you start the drone up, because the warranty applies only to the original purchaser, and if you bought a drone used, but still in the warranty period, and were not the original purchaser, I doubt DJI would honor the warranty.
2017-1-27
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United States

I know if you look in about, when the drone and controller are linked to g0 4 , you can see the name of the drone there , but Im not sure it has the option to change it. I will check mine when I get home from work today and report back.
2017-1-27
Use props
cistec
lvl.2
Australia

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-27 02:20
I know if you look in about, when the drone and controller are linked to g0 4 , you can see the name of the drone there , but Im not sure it has the option to change it. I will check mine when I get home from work today and report back.

Hmmmm sounds quite absurd that there is a serial number in place to avoid any confusion, so how can a name of a product be a threat to the legal licencing agreement. I am sure they will address this soon if this is the case. If you find anything let me know, cheers mate.
2017-1-27
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Will do exactly that
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules