Wait on DJi to Fix the RTH problem or switch to Litchi?
1262 7 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

Im starting to get really nervous about flying my phantom. This RTH problem we keep hearing about seems to keep growing in size by the day. Im not even sure i want to fly until this problem is fixed. I saved money for a long time to purchase this machine and cant afford to repair it or just buy another one because of faulty software. I just got onto the DJI boat and am seriously thinking about jumping ship, at least from the app. Is anyone having this same RTH problem with Litchi? Also, My last flight had showed a number on the far right bottom corner of over 13k. I thought this was a reading showing the distance of the transmitter to the bird. I was only about 3 feet from the drone while showing this over 13k number. Can anyone tell me what that was about? I want to fly, I do not want to fly away!

Also: I can fly the crap out of a drone in Atti mode. When the safeguard in place is whats causing drones to take off out of control is when we have a problem. I dont even use RTH to land so im not real concerned about that. My concern is if the bird loses signal or for some other reason RTH is forced onto me than i will lose all control and its left up to the software to work in order to get home safely.
2017-1-26
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1988 ft
United Kingdom

I didnt even have the chance to get nervous!  My bird was gone after 20 minutes of air time, never to be seen since!!  My blood is still boiling!
2017-1-26
Use props
Orlando_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

Buy Litchi. Best 25 bucks I've spent. Never had any problems with it. I have noticed lately my go app has some weird numbers related to my position and the drones position on the bottom right side of the screen. I now use Litchi 100% of the time.
2017-1-26
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

McCrimmon Posted at 2017-1-26 13:18
I didnt even have the chance to get nervous!  My bird was gone after 20 minutes of air time, never to be seen since!!  My blood is still boiling!

I understand. I'm mad for you. You have experienced every drone flyers worst nightmare. I waited 3 days to fly because I was so worried about a fly away. Now I'm comfortable with it but still fearful of flying due to this problem.
2017-1-26
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Or just go back to an older version of Go.
2017-1-26
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

3.1.2 version of the Go App seems to have a problem reading the GPS information from the mobile device yet still somehow registers the mobile device position about 1.5 miles WNW away from where you really are at.   The D field in the telemetry is the distance the bird is from where it took off.  The last one on the right first shows the height from ground as detected by the VPS, then switches to distance of bird to you based on your determined GPS coordinates.  Since the app is reading bad coordinates, it says you are 14K feet from the bird.
If you try to set the home position basdd on moble device position, it probably will say you have poor GPS signal on your device.  I downgraded my tablet to 3.1.0 and no longer have this problem.
2017-1-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

All I can offer up is that my nephew has a standard and was constantly struggling with the signal lose, short distances, etc. Like all of you. He purchased Litchi and he can't believe how it changed his whole flying experience. He flies all over places he would never consider before. He uses the waypoint missions though. The only thing is that I believe with the standard you have to set the RTH to "return home", as the default setting is to "hover" if signal is lost. Which wouldn't be good!. I have an Advanced and use Litchi also. It is just truly amazing. I have flown missions where I was able to fly around a corner, or lower in altitude that would have normally caused a lost signal and the RTH would have kicked in, but with Litchi, it will continue to run the mission until completed. With that being said, you need to understand it will keep your bird flying until it runs out of battery if you make a mistake with your mission. I don't like slamming DJI at all because I really like the products and the Go app is good, but the Litchi is a "game-changer" for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't go places blindly, and take stupid chances, but the missions allow you to do things the Go app just can't provide. Check it out.
2017-1-27
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-1-27 06:28
All I can offer up is that my nephew has a standard and was constantly struggling with the signal lose, short distances, etc. Like all of you. He purchased Litchi and he can't believe how it changed his whole flying experience. He flies all over places he would never consider before. He uses the waypoint missions though. The only thing is that I believe with the standard you have to set the RTH to "return home", as the default setting is to "hover" if signal is lost. Which wouldn't be good!. I have an Advanced and use Litchi also. It is just truly amazing. I have flown missions where I was able to fly around a corner, or lower in altitude that would have normally caused a lost signal and the RTH would have kicked in, but with Litchi, it will continue to run the mission until completed. With that being said, you need to understand it will keep your bird flying until it runs out of battery if you make a mistake with your mission. I don't like slamming DJI at all because I really like the products and the Go app is good, but the Litchi is a "game-changer" for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't go places blindly, and take stupid chances, but the missions allow you to do things the Go app just can't provide. Check it out.

amazing description. thanks for sharing
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules