Lost my inspire 1 in Royal Ascot Hong Kong
5316 52 2015-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rotoricky
New

Canada

I could have become an early adopter. Instead, I have to express my gratitude to all you intrepid souls who've laid down your hard-earned trust at the leading edge of DJI's altar.  Some with heartbreaking results.
Like many of us, I have to make a living with these tools and I'm unwilling to risk my livelihood and my clients' goodwill by doing on-the-job beta testing.  Inspire 1 is an inspired idea whose time has come, but whose execution is not quite ready for prime time.
I'll have another look when version 2 comes out.  
2015-2-18
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

michael-dicker. Posted at 2015-2-19 03:06
I'd like to block this user as he is a fraud. Any ideas how to?
If he had a problem he would talk to ...

Simple and effective solution.

Clean  the user data base, accepting  only  trusted DJI  Inspire 1 OWNERS.
login by invitation or by Sn.

Dead dog rabies is over
2015-2-18
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The thing that strikes me about this tale of woe is that Martin 00136's written English really deteriorates in his responses to the allegations that he might not be entirely truthful in his story...

I think it would be helpful for DJI to let us know whether they have spoken directly to this person to verify the veracity of his claims.
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Finger crossed for you guys who doesn't believe this suituation actually happens.
If you do believe in this please get a tracking device before your next take off.
It is exetremely heartbreaking losing my brand new inspire on the first day of Chinese year new
2015-2-19
Use props
mattd.internode
lvl.3

Australia

Did you turn off your controller, or did you leave it on?

The ultimate fail safe is if your controller is off. However, the home point needs to be set. Make sure when you take off there is a home-point set!
2015-2-19
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

mattd.internode Posted at 2015-2-19 19:40
Did you turn off your controller, or did you leave it on?

The ultimate fail safe is if your control ...

I kept my controller turn on for 30mins plus
2015-2-19
Use props
misticsea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87228484 ft
United States

I have a tracker from drone mods works like a charm
2015-2-22
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-2-19 00:54
And here its the post by dearmas

The language seems very similar that's sort of weird... Looks like some numbers were changed you would think that 2 people from different parts of the globe would articulate their experiences in the same way but with different words.
2015-2-22
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

There are way too many flyaway occurrences for a product that just launched. I really doubt there are more than 10000 units or so sold. And yet a lot of people are already claiming that their bird flew away. If you don't believe it, google it. Somebody even captured the whole thing with another drone! I do hope they get a fix out soon. I'm not flying mine without my tracker, I even test the tracker every take off! The sad story is that even with the tracker you can get into a lot of problems. There are a lot of areas where the inspire can land and you can't recover it, trees, lakes, highways and such. atm I'm still enjoying my phantom, hate the fisheye though ;)

I do hope we eventually hear something from the experts. I'm patient and rather have a good working firmware, than a few incremental ones that bring other problems etc. But it would be nice if they at least warn us about potential flaws and how to avoid them. Is it safer to fly within 500m range? Is it safer to fly higher and maintain a stable connection?? In time we will learn, and as long as we don't lose the bird we will eventually truly enjoy our inspires. So sad that you lost yours so soon. Hope somehow DJI can make it up to you.
2015-2-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

If I may add my 2 cents worth here, we have all heard of some unfortunate losses in the RC world, I am just as concerned about my money as the next guy but... If I were living in Hong Kong and my 6 pound aircraft ran off on me the last thing that would cross my mind would be the money! There are millions of carbon based life forms, expensive cars, buildings and countless other targets to be worried about. Your aircraft is registered in your name! I wonder how many of us are putting on the big boy hat when we pull the trigger on these aircraft? Folks this is serious stuff we are playing with here. we call this a hobby and these copters as big boy toys, they can be very dangerous. I was flying RC gliders years ago in Victoria BC Canada, one of the pilots lost control of his plane while coming in for a landing. The aircraft narrowly missed an elderly woman but struck her small dog instead. The dog was killed instantly! This aircraft had no propellers and weighed half as much as an Inspire. Had the aircraft been two feet to the left, the story would be far worse. That incident closed the area at Dallas Road to RC flying. The same thing will happen world wide if we don't make this a safer past time. This starts by changing our attitude towards safety. The money is gone, now we must focus on safety while enjoying this fantastic experience.
2015-2-28
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

A tracker would be great but as a pilot, it is needed that calculations be done before flight. So... At the reported air speeds of 80 km per hour at 20 minutes approx. That puts us at darn near 26 km away! Now, go onto google earth and use the measure tool to draw a series of lines radiating from the home point out to 26 km. That is how much ground you may need to cross to recover your vehicle. Here in BC that might be a pretty tall order given the terrain. That said, not likely will the aircraft venture that far here as the mountains and trees will eat it up right proper. But you need to keep in mind that roads don't always go there. And there might be off limits!
2015-2-28
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

I might be totaly wrong here but i think one of the DJI Forum guys mentioned there were just a very few fly aways.
2015-2-28
Use props
Fly bry
lvl.3

United States

Phantom and Inspire owner.  Purchased Mid Feb. and still consider myself an early adopter.
New technology, 3k cost, conservative usage and break-in period would be reasonable, weather its intended use is for business or pleasure.  Especially with ANY posts of unexpected operation.  Prop Lock situation, GPS loss to Atti,  for example.

I am so happy with the build quality, and operation, but i am still going to ramp up the risk factor flying slowly.  The reported loss in this case was 160 feet in the air and more than 1600 feet away.  Not what i would do with a new machine without considering it my own elevated tolerance for risk and responsibility.
2015-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules