Android tablet recommendations?
759 3 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dagon
lvl.2
United States

I'd like to get a 8-10" tablet but I don't want to spring for an iPad. This tablet would a dedicated device just for use with my P4P.  I'm interested in the best trade-offs beetween minimum memory requirement, screen brighness and battery life.
Any recommendations?
2017-1-26
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I'm using the Samsung Tab E 9.7 WiFi only but just recently discoverd that tablet is missing quite a few sensors, particularly the compass, so the app can't show the drone direction in relation to the direction I am facing.  Also missing ambient light sensor to help adjust screen brightness automatically.  I am also having trouble getting the app to connect to the RC unless I powercycle the tablet while connected to the powered up RC.
2017-1-26
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

I would recommend not getting an android tablet for it. Go Ground Station for Phantom is only available on IOS , and having read a lot of these forum posts, people with android seems to have far far more problems with operation than the people running it Iphone or Ipad. Thats just my opinion but I run mine with Iphone 6s and Ipad light 2 , and have had no problems of any kind with my P4p.
2017-1-27
Use props
Dave in WI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 407415 ft
United States

Using an NVidia Shield K1.  Just using it for the P4P, so only flight related apps on it (B4UFLY, UAVForcast, etc.).  Really fast, no video glitches so far.  Got the Mr Shield anti glare screen protector for it, seems to help, but still some glare.  Got a PolarPro Sunshade but haven't had a chance to fly with it yet.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules