492 7 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kankles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently installed the newest update to my Phantom 4 Pro +...........and, nothing good came out of it.  

The following errors now occur (note that the drone says firmware is up to date):

1.  SD card slot on remote seems to no longer work.  It does not read or write.
2.  When shooting in "D-Log" for example,  the drone now always indicates (on the flight screen) something different.
3.  The drone no longer can read or playback footage from the on-board SD card slot, making it impossible to playback your shots.
4.  The reception is always terrible compared to that of the ipad and the regular Phantom 4 Pro.  Yes, when the image looks better when the reception is actually good, however that is hardly the case  (and yes I have tried both auto and manual for both frequencies).  
5.  The drone seems less stable in general then before the upgrade.  All indicators with compass and IMU are fine.

Anyone have any answers ?
2017-1-26
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

I would roll back the update to the previous firmware version and hopefully all will be ok
2017-1-27
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-27 00:43
I would roll back the update to the previous firmware version and hopefully all will be ok

I'll try that, however my hope is that the monitor issue on the Pro Plus would be fixed in a firmware upgrade.  Do you have the Pro or the Pro Plus and if the Plus are you getting a horrible signal?   Thanks for the input.
2017-1-27
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United States

I have the P4P , was going to buy the P4P+ originally but due to the availability shortage in the UK, I got the P4P instead and with the ipad 2 light it has been a joy to use. Plus you can use proprietary software like ground station with that , that isn't available to the android. Im sure they will fix it in an update at some point. As they have only discontinued making the P4 , and not the P4P software support should be ongoing for some time to come.
2017-1-27
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-27 00:55
I have the P4P , was going to buy the P4P+ originally but due to the availability shortage in the UK, I got the P4P instead and with the ipad 2 light it has been a joy to use. Plus you can use proprietary software like ground station with that , that isn't available to the android. Im sure they will fix it in an update at some point. As they have only discontinued making the P4 , and not the P4P software support should be ongoing for some time to come.

Indeed, Indeed,  however I'm worried that the P4Pro + has monitor integration issues.   My company has a number of drones and we are fortunate to have a 4Pro and Pro+.   However, the Pro+ monitor has such bad reception we can't even use it when flying over 500 feet in distance.  
Like you, the P4Pro has been a joy to fly (with the exception of the missing HDMI module and I get great reception in the exact  same areas that are lacking with the PLUS
2017-1-27
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United States

Yes I understand fully, If I were you I would buy another standard P4P controller , and put it in as a business tax write-off. The P4P + controller does seem to be a very problematic.

2017-1-27
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-27 01:29
Yes I understand fully, If I were you I would buy another standard P4P controller , and put it in as a business tax write-off. The P4P + controller does seem to be a very problematic.

SPIKE! I didn't even think to use my other controller! HA, that's great.  I'm going to see if I can link them as I don't think there should be an issue right?  Should be a straight forward link RC
2017-1-27
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United States

Yep straight forward relink via Go 4
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules