Travel Container for P3S
732 3 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newman0912
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

I've been looking around for a good way to transport my P3S and everything I have that goes with it... Controller, little 'accessory' box, sun shade protector that I made, etc.
Lots of the carriers online require that you remove the propellers for transport, or they are just plain too small.
I'm not planning on carrying this thing on my back either .
And, I'm pretty cheap.  I'm not paying a hundred bucks for a box with a handle on it.

So, maybe someone else is interested in this, after all, we did all buy the least expensive Phantom for a reason, right?

I found a container at Home Depot that is perfect.
It's black, heavy duty plastic.
Has a 2-piece lid that hinges open in the middle and folds back.
The dimensions of the box are perfect; 27L x 19W x 13H.
Everything fits inside.  I mean everything.
I even bought what I call an accessory plastic container for $2 at HD - It's about 13X8X5.  It holds everything including props, chargers, batteries, and comes with a lid.
I put a bath towel on the bottom of the big box and I've got some foam sheets I'm going to attach to the sides - although you don't really  need to.
It's big, but all I'm doing to either carrying it outside, or putting it in the car.
If in a field, the top of the box is a perfect 'table top' for putting the aircraft.
It's made by Husky.
Oh.  I paid $11 for it.

Come on, I can't be the only cheap Bastxxd out here, right?  
2017-1-27
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Got a pic of it? I bought a backpack on eBay for $23. It fits everything pretty nicely but you do have to remove the props.

2017-1-27
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

My wife bought me one of the Depstech hard cases off Amazon for my drone, as a Christmas present. They're mid-priced at about $60, and have room for the Phantom, controller, spare batteries, wall charger, car charger, spare props, controller harness, a few tools, and my home-made sunshade. Even if it had not been a gift, I think I would have spent the money for one, as to me, the extra bucks are worth it for not having to mess around with carving the foam myself (and I like the conformal cut-out foam for holding the drone secure).

I ended up ordering a second Depstech backpack-style carrying case, as I want to schlep my Phantom up some of the trails in the area, and do some videos farther from the parking areas. I prefer the hard case for normal storage and car transport, but it's not as convenient for carrying up the trail, especially if I want to use my trekking poles on the hike.

I tend to be a cheap Bastxxd on some things, but as I've gotten older, I've become more likely to spend a bit more money for the convenience factor of not having to do some things myself.
2017-1-27
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

i have a cheap hard shell backpack that came as a kit with my Phantom everything fits beautifully the only problem I've had is a little of the stitching around the zipper has come loose
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules