United Kingdom

Still no news guys?
2017-3-7
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Still on "Processing items - available 11 May". It's been like that for 7 weeks and 1 day now.
2017-3-7
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

According to other forums, and stock at stores it seems that at most retailers in the Netherlands there is stock, or the last orders are shipping out within a week or so (but also US it seems, I see multiple reports of availability at Best Buy and Amazon). I'm surprised that Apple still has the "out of stock" status for new orders, and still isn't able to deliver anything. Has DJI decided to screw Apple by not sending in stock? The Phantom 4 was exclusively available at Apple when it launched, the Mavic is exclusively held back from Apple?
2017-3-10
Use props
Daytona 9
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-3-10 13:41
According to other forums, and stock at stores it seems that at most retailers in the Netherlands there is stock, or the last orders are shipping out within a week or so (but also US it seems, I see multiple reports of availability at Best Buy and Amazon). I'm surprised that Apple still has the "out of stock" status for new orders, and still isn't able to deliver anything. Has DJI decided to screw Apple by not sending in stock? The Phantom 4 was exclusively available at Apple when it launched, the Mavic is exclusively held back from Apple?

I can't really comment on your status as your Netherlands but if DJI are say dealing with Europe sales the same as uk then I think they will be with us shortly. This is my theory

So DJI direct can ship mavics within 3-5 days. There actually achieving this. Meaning there on top of orders to a point.

Now when I cancelled my first order with apple to then order again with alple for student discount, literally 8hours later the site said out of stock. So I believe I was one of a few in the uk at least tonhabe ordered the last mavic from apple.

Now on this forum someone has had there mavic delivered from apple around 1-2 weeks before I ordered. Meaning I must be on the last but also next batch of mavics. So when ever DJI send apple a batch of mavics, I'm hoping my order will be amongst that at there can't be many who orders mavics in a 2 week slot of them going out of stock. All orders would of been made on launch or a few months ago.

Souls I said before if Netherlands is being dealt with like the uk then maybe your get yours very similar to me and ver soon I hope.
2017-3-10
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

Daytona 9 Posted at 2017-3-10 16:26
I can't really comment on your status as your Netherlands but if DJI are say dealing with Europe sales the same as uk then I think they will be with us shortly. This is my theory

So DJI direct can ship mavics within 3-5 days. There actually achieving this. Meaning there on top of orders to a point.

I do hope you are right. I have read that most stores in the Netherlands use the same warehouse for their orders. I think Apple uses a different one or one of their own. So hopefully they get proper stock too this or next month.
When I ordered it said 3-4 months and put the pick up date at 4 months. A week later it said 8-10 weeks, which is more than a months sooner, so I am hoping for that or earlier.
2017-3-11
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

It's still early in the morning, so I might be dreaming. But it seems my order status has moved from "processing items- available 11 May" to "preparing for dispatch- available 11 May". So I'm gonna ignore the available date and carefully assume I can pick it up soon!
2017-3-14
Use props
mal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300886 ft
United Kingdom

Just to let you's know I gave up on Apple a couple of weeks ago and ordered from DigitalRev. Had my Mavic within 3 days. Paid £60 more but I couldn't wait any longer so it was worth it. It's an awesome bit of kit, way better then my Phantom 2.
2017-3-15
Use props
Daytona 9
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:22
Still on "Processing items - available 11 May". It's been like that for 7 weeks and 1 day now.

Just had confirmation of dispatching mate. What about you?
2017-3-15
Use props
Daytona 9
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mal Posted at 2017-2-20 00:18
Still nothing. I check my status every day so I'll let everyone know if there has been any movement.

Hey mal I have email saying apple will be preparing dispatch. What about you ?
2017-3-15
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Daytona 9 Posted at 2017-3-15 04:20
Just had confirmation of dispatching mate. What about you?

No e-mail yet, but the order status is "preparing for dispatch". And the money has been reserved from my credit card.
Just ordered 2 extra batteries, which are also preparing for dispatch.
2017-3-15
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
United Kingdom

And it's now dispatched. I could pick it up at the Store tomorrow, but I can't do so. That'll have to wait until Friday, but after that I've got no plans for 3 days.
2017-3-15
Use props
Daytona 9
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-3-15 04:50
And it's now dispatched. I could pick it up at the Store tomorrow, but I can't do so. That'll have to wait until Friday, but after that I've got no plans for 3 days.

Excellent. So it looks like apple are fulfilling the last orders of there stock sold.

I guess I'll get mine to friday also. Possibly tomoorw.

Weathers good here today in wales. Let's pray for good weather this week on the first flight of a mavic!
2017-3-15
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

Daytona 9 Posted at 2017-3-15 05:53
Excellent. So it looks like apple are fulfilling the last orders of there stock sold.

I guess I'll get mine to friday also. Possibly tomoorw.

Weather forecast here is not looking good. Fine tomorrow. I've got work on Friday, and starting Saturday there might be rain. But at least I've got a Mavic on Friday!

I hope the weather forecast for Wales is better so you can fly a bit.
2017-3-15
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

Just got a despatch email, Mavic arriving tomorrow.
2017-3-15
Use props
Daytona 9
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Big Daddy Davee Posted at 2017-3-15 10:31
Just got a despatch email, Mavic arriving tomorrow.

Where are you located?
2017-3-15
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

UK, Newcastle.
2017-3-15
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The good: it's in my possession. The drone and the 2 extra batteries. I've opened the package, fired up the remote and booted the craft (without props, and I didn't start the engines since I was indoors. It's registered now as well.
The bad: I need to wait until batteries are charged, then I need to update the firmware, and wait until at least tomorrow. I can't fly at work, and by the time I get home it's time for the family dinner, and bring the kid to bed. So by the time I can do anything else it's dark.
It hasn't been 1 week. More like 8,5 weeks, but I've got it!
2017-3-17
Use props
Daytona 9
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Flew my mavic this Saturday. Nearly was all over within ten min lol.

Walked down the river front and it was so so windy! Now my phantom would be fine in this sort of wind. Mavic is not so good! Took it up and it was blown to wards the Severn bridge in wales lol. Only control I had was to bring it down. As soon as it reached good enough height the wind wasn't a issue. I felt anright prat! As I'm normally a good Pantom pilot. That been said no damage and I then went to the woods for a less windy play...

Although the concept is the same as flying all DJI Drones, it feels complelty different when your fly the mavic. Almost like it's a different company that made it. Injeed to practice more before I'm more confident again.

On the whole the image is amazing. Hooked it up to my 4k Tc and there is zero issue with picture quality. Yes phantom 4 pro and mavic side by side your see a difference.  But the mavic is still amazing!
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules