Newbie troubles
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarinW
New

Canada

I recently got a new to me P3Pro.  I am using a Galaxy Tab A.  Everything worked fine at the start(first 5 flights).  Then I started having error messages  for  the IMU; Battery cells; and Needing to update FW.  Also, the screen on my Tab began freezing and getting a distorted image.  It began flying a bit erratic and I crashed.   I had trouble, but had the firmware upgraded  (after I bought a new sd card).  It called for a IMU calibration.  I did the calibration on a flat table top.  I took it out and as soon as I started flying my screen froze again.  I read somewhere, but lost the link, you change setting in your tablet to make it work better.  Does anyone have info on this?  Also, when it flies now it is not horizontal to the horizon and it seemed to have trouble maintaining altitude.  I flew it at a low altitude (around 10 m) and only flew a distance of around 30 m.  When I  used "Return to Home" it landed  about 3 m from the home point.  I also replaced the props after the crash with OEM but I did not balance them.
Any help would be appreciated.

2017-1-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

First make sure to close all background apps, don't know how to do this on Android as I use an iPad.  I have had a bad image and doing this fixed it.  Second go to the HD setting with the P3 connected and check for signal interference,  You can choose a clean channel and set a data rate of 4MBPS.
I will assume the drone flies horizontal but the picture is tilted.  For this you need to recalibrate the gimbal on a level surface.  This is different than IMU calibration.
Thirdly when flying close to yourself RTH will just land where it is.  Note during RTH you can still use the sticks to change (override) where the P3 is going.  Input throttle to slow or stop the decent.
Lastly the new props to not require balancing.
2017-1-27
Use props
fansf4a1e29c
lvl.1

United States

The funny thing about these drones, you either buy into their repair program and wait.. or are resourceful to overcome the problem.  Have had my phantom 3 for less than a month and I have had to completey disassemble the thing 3 times.. but she's working.  Good luck, I'll let u know if I have this issue.  Oh, one point on this, not sure if it helps.  I started using my drone with my new Pixel phone.  After awhile, I decided to switch it over to my old Galaxy S5.  When I went back to my Pixel, I had all sorts of issues with connectivity.  For some reason the pixel didn't want to assign PS3 STD a UP address.., so I manual forced it and still had issues.  After an hour screwing with it, I grabbed the Samsung and tried it and it worked instantly.  
2017-1-27
Use props
GIJim
New

Canada

Has anyone ever connected their apple product to the controller with a cable. I see this in the user manual but have never seen a micro usb to lightning cable? Would this be beneficial to communications with the drone?
2017-1-29
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

GIJim Posted at 2017-1-29 10:22
Has anyone ever connected their apple product to the controller with a cable. I see this in the user manual but have never seen a micro usb to lightning cable? Would this be beneficial to communications with the drone?

I use an iPad with my P3P no problem.
2017-1-29
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

GIJim Posted at 2017-1-29 10:22

I assume yours is a P3S? If so, you can't connect with a cable - that's for the P3P and P3A
2017-1-29
Use props
GIJim
New

Canada

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-1-29 16:02
I assume yours is a P3S? If so, you can't connect with a cable - that's for the P3P and P3A

Sorry I should have included that info in my post. It is a P3 4K. Im not sure what that means in regards to standard or professional.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules