SENDING VIDEOS TO OTHERS
14307 15 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

I have been trying to send videos to friends via email attachments and the videos have to be sent in another form rather than the .wlmp format. I have been trying to use Windows 10 Movie Maker and for me it is a pure nightmare. My questions are, what and how are you folks sending videos to others? I have found out how to do YouTube but I would like the videos to go via email if at all possible, or some other way, so the receipients can see them full screen on their PC's. Adding music and just plan editing easily is what I really need, I think. Maybe I need to buy another program of some type for my Windows 10 PC. Windows Movie Maker seems for me to be very difficult, as I am not the "sharpest tool in the shed!" A through step be step procedure would be great.Sure would appreciate all the help that I can get here.

2017-1-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Videos tend to be huge files that are to big to attach to an email.  You are best off to upload to YouTube and make the Video "unlisted"  Then you can share the link with your friend via email and no one else will see it.
2017-1-27
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

You could also put them in DropBox and let them access from there.
2017-1-27
Use props
newman0912
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

I agree.  Use Movie maker to make the video, then there's an option in Movie Maker to save it as a file that's best for YouTube.
Open your Youtube account and upload the video.
When it's done, you can just copy the Youtube link and send the link to anyone you want, instead of sending a big file.
Much easier.
2017-1-28
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

I also use the Youtube option but through Adobe Premiere which I prefer to use to edit.
2017-1-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

WIMP is not the actual video, it is the project file.  You need to piublish the video, normally to MPG or AVI fomat.  Sending someone the WIMP file wil only work if you send the video files as well, which would be a pointless thing to do.  Also, your Phantom already creates the video in a format that can be watched full screen.  The problem is, the video files created by the Phantom are huge, and most email systems will not allow you to email such a large file.  You could upload the video to something like Dropbox, which is free, and just send someone the dropbox link via email.  Most people upload to Youtube, as already mentioned earlier by another user.  If you don't want to go that route, you should either use MovieMaker to save the file in a more compact version, which will cost some resoultion, naturally, or possibly get a recoding program like Nero Recode to convert the file to something with quite good resolution but much smaller size.  Video editing and formats can be confusing and a bit complex.  If you really think you will be doing a lot of this, it will pay off to educate yourself a bit.  Plenty of material available on the internet to read and learn, but a bit of a pain.   But, you only have to learn it once, at least...  Good luck.
2017-1-28
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I use both Adobe Premier 12 and sometimes the YouTube video editor.  I also think you can upload a larger video file to Facebook.  The quality is not as good in Facebook, but is okay to just show friends.  I think there is a 10 meg limit of file size in email.  I also have a Dropbox account, but rarely use it.  All of the video editors, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier, and even the YouTube video editor, takes a little practice to become proficient with.  Long ago I gave up on Window Movie Maker and switched to Adobe.  But lately, I've found that YouTube Video manager does a fairly good job for what I want.

Here is a 14 minute video I made with Adobe Premeir 12.  I'm using all of my hobbies in this video.   I'm on the Quad, using my GoPro camera, I have my Model 1911 .45, and flying the drone to a metal detecting site.  I do have fun out here.

2017-1-28
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

I want to thank all that provided so much good and useful information. THANK YOU!!!!!
2017-1-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Often the simplest solution is the best. You could always buy a cheap USB thumb drive and copy the .MP4 or .MOV files to the thumb drive, then mail it to your friends. Failing that, the next best solution is to use Dropbox, but your friends will need a good data allowance to download them.
2017-1-28
Use props
AliceSmith
lvl.2

Brazil

If the video is larger than 25MB, you can't send it to friends by email.
You could try third-party data transfer software,which allows user to transfer large videos.
2019-5-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Vimeo.com is also a great place to house your videos.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-5
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

WD9EON Posted at 2017-1-27 16:57
You could also put them in DropBox and let them access from there.

yep Dropbox or your Google account. You send an invitation to those you wish to see the vids.
2019-5-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

AliceSmith Posted at 5-5 18:23
If the video is larger than 25MB, you can't send it to friends by email.
You could try third-party data transfer software,which allows user to transfer large videos.

Upload it to youtube or google drive and send the link via email only to all friends you invite to watch that video.
2019-5-6
Use props
djiuser_1WP7WzjXrP1c
New

India

I use prevueit.com It also lets you review videos with automated time stamping. - Its free
2020-6-20
Use props
djiuser_5rcedyFGB4ZL
New

France

try sendbig.com where you can send 30GB of files and unlimited number of times. You can send them via email or by sharing the generated link. Also you can enjoy all the free Pro features. Give it a look!!
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_5rcedyFGB4ZL
New

France

try sendbig.com where you can send 30GB of files and unlimited number of times. You can send them via email or by sharing the generated link. Also you can enjoy all the free Pro features. Give it a look!!
2021-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules