New P4P, what am I doing wrong?
452 3 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dagon
lvl.2
United States

My P4P arrived today. I've been going through the beginner videos. I got to the motor arming point in preflight but my motors will not turn on. Reason given: no GPS signal. When I switch out of Beginner mode the motors will activate. I'm following exactly the video, which doesn't yet mention Beginner mode. I put the aircraft out on the porch to see if the GPS warning would change but no luck. Any ideas?  I'm running DJI Go 4.
2017-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does your Phantom have a good view of the sky ?
2017-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not 100% sure, but in order for it to fire up in beginner mode you need gps ok, so I'm assuming you were indoors so you may not have gps, also you said you tried outside on the porch, so maybe you also didn't have gps on the porch.
When you switched out of beginner mode inside you said motors fired up, that's ok you don't need to have gps for motors to fire up once your not in beginner mode.
Maybe take it out in the open turn on beginner mode , wait for sats to build and when you receive gps it will fire up then.
Good luck..
2017-1-27
Use props
Dagon
lvl.2
United States

Oops. My bad. I moved it farther away from the house and got a signal. I guess the tutorial video should specify that you need to either be outdoors with good sky access OR turn off Beginner Mode.  Thanks!
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules