701 7 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

The quad flies well but there is something wrong with the SD card writing. I have only been able to get it to read one of many different SD cards (of different brands, speeds, and capacities formatted either in exFAT or FAT32)) I have (including the 2 cards that came with the quad package deal), and now even the card that was working will not be recognized. Also, all video that is recorded on the quad is corrupt. The MOV files do not play at all and the MP4 files play in some Windows programs, but other Windows programs (like both of my video editors) will play the mp4 files but errors are detected in the files, so they play back terribly choppy, making the footage unusable. I can confirm that the SD cards and my software are all in working order, as I have tried the SD cards in 2 other Phantom quads, 2 action cams, and 3 DSLRs and footage written to the same cards on any of those devices plays back (and is editable) without issues. I assume this is a hardware issue at this point. Anyone know the chances this could be resolved with a future firmware update? BTW, I am running the latest firmware to date.

Update: Also,  I have downgraded as well as done a factory reset to see if the latest  firmware was the issue, but no luck in resolving the issue. Looks like I  need to return the quad.

Update 2: I updated my editor (which added support for more codecs) and I can now open MOV/MP4 files from the P4P normally. Very odd that MOV files wouldn't open with Quicktime though. Anyway, now I just have to find SD cards the Phantom likes.
2017-1-28
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

have you read the other post "Phantom 4 ProP4pro+ with laggy freezing live view", that seems to be the same problem you describe ! hope this helps !
2017-1-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-28 07:11
have you read the other post "Phantom 4 ProP4pro+ with laggy freezing live view", that seems to be the same problem you describe ! hope this helps !

This has nothing to do with live view, but thank you for posting. This is an issue with the footage taken off the SD card being corrupt/unreadable, as well as an issue with the quad not reading SD cards at all.
2017-1-28
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-1-28 08:14
This has nothing to do with live view, but thank you for posting. This is an issue with the footage taken off the SD card being corrupt/unreadable, as well as an issue with the quad not reading SD cards at all.

Wait for a firmware fix....... Let's hope its not a hardware issue....
2017-1-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

epicjib Posted at 2017-1-28 11:44
Wait for a firmware fix....... Let's hope its not a hardware issue....

Have enough people had the issue for DJI to address it? I have seen others mention it but I am not sure how widespread it is.
2017-1-29
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-1-28 08:14

yes, this is exactly what we are having problems with. the card and the live view.
2017-1-29
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-29 08:18
yes, this is exactly what we are having problems with. the card and the live view.

Ah! Ok. Thank you for the heads up!
2017-1-29
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I believe the issue with SD cards might have something to do with how  the cards are seated inside the card slot. I suppose it's possible  different SD cards are slightly thinner/thicker than others and this  could be partly why some don't make proper contact. Seems there might be  some "give" in the space where we insert our SD cards. What I have done  is inserted (one at a time) a couple of the SD cards that were not  working in the quad before, then used my fingernail to moved them around  just a bit where there seemed to be some of the "give" I describe.  After doing so, my P4P reads, formats, and writes to both cards. Anyone  else tried this?

Seems this may be why cards work sometimes and not others, possibly  because when you remove and reinsert the cards you are effectively  seating the card where it needs to be in the slot for proper contact.

Just a theory. Could be a total fluke though.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules