In Flight switch to Atti
804 7 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

So , I rolled back my Go App to 2.9.1. And got a parabolic range extender. All seems well , I have Google maps. But in Flight sometimes it switches to Atti mode at fairly close range. Is this common or anything I need to worry about ? It does regain GPS after a few Momments.
2017-1-28
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, pretty normal. Especially when flying close to possible overhead coverage. Flying in ATT mode isn't a bad thing and is best practiced as if you have no GPS fix your PS is at the mercy of the elements. Not understanding how ATT affects your flight characteristics and knowing how to control your quad when in ATT is one of the main reason people believe their P3 just flew away.
2017-1-28
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

every flight i use about 10% of my battery life practicing atti mode. it's hard but its becoming useful every day
2017-1-28
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Merlin's right about that I've read a lot of stories about fly aways and have come to the same conclusion.  Learn to fly you'll be way ahead of the curve. I have my friends son fly atti a lot and he's getting good at it. I've been flying model aircraft for over 30 years. Heli's were the hardest thing I've had to learn. I fly p mode when taking pictures and videoing other than that atti all of the time. I don't aqlways trust the band aids that make these aircraft so easy to fly but do enjoy it because you can concentrate on other things for a moment.
2017-1-28
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-1-28 06:37
Yep, pretty normal. Especially when flying close to possible overhead coverage. Flying in ATT mode isn't a bad thing and is best practiced as if you have no GPS fix your PS is at the mercy of the elements. Not understanding how ATT affects your flight characteristics and knowing how to control your quad when in ATT is one of the main reason people believe their P3 just flew away.

thank you All
2017-1-28
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
United States

leonardo.sb Posted at 2017-1-28 07:31
every flight i use about 10% of my battery life practicing atti mode. it's hard but its becoming useful every day

Thank You all
2017-1-28
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
United States

So, Going into Atti Mode is just a GPS loss and not an RC signal loss, right ?
2017-1-28
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

RADROCKET Posted at 2017-1-28 10:45
So, Going into Atti Mode is just a GPS loss and not an RC signal loss, right ?

Yes GPS loss.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules