iPad Mini 2 questoin
701 3 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dagon
lvl.2
United States

I'm trying to decide on a tablet for my P4P and I have a quick question about using an iPad Mini 2.  Do the GPS and compass have stand-alone capability for use on the Phantom controller without wi-fi or cellular connection? I'm assuming the answer is yes but I need to make sure I can use it anywhwere.
2017-1-28
Use props
drag line
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151299 ft
United States

You do not have to have cellular on your Ipad, and you only need wifi when your are getting everything ready to go flying the reason being is to store your maps if you are lucky enought not to have upgraded the Go app to where it is using the new maps and not google maps.
2017-1-28
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

The way I understand it is that if you have a ipad  mini 2 with cellular you will be able to use all the phantom 4 features on the app like follow me as the cellular has gps ,this would also enable you to update the maps out into he field if you have a data sim in the ipad , with out  cellular no gps ,no follow me or the ability to put a data sim in and updated the maps in the field
2017-1-28
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

You are correct, but sould suggest mini 4, its newer and would have a longer life as the apps are updated
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules