802 5 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349091 ft
United States

Just as the title states.

GPS will not calibrate, states strong magnetic interference.  Nothing like this before. I've flown and calibrated in there area many times.

This is a P3S running 1.8 firmware.

Suggestions on what to try?

2017-1-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

GPS does not 'calibrate' ... GPS receives satelite signals to calculate position. Nothing else.

The Strong magnetic influence will affect COMPASS calibration. And the WORST thing you can do is calibrate THERE !!

MOVE away from the source of magnetic influence and reboot RC and AC ... see if all says ok. You may have to move significant distance ...

If you go to an area that you previously had no problems and after rebooting all - you still get calibration errors - then do a calibration.

Nigel
2017-1-28
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
United States

I've never had any sort of magnetic interference here before.

Here's the flight log http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TNW7PG5TOYQXO6PK9VDB/

2017-1-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Looking at the picture of the area you are flying in ... I would expect to have compass errors as you fly around ... only needs a few cars and other to be in the street and it will detect magnetic anomalies.

Other than that no idea ....

Have you gone out to the country and flown in open spaces ?

Nigel
2017-1-28
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-28 11:21
Looking at the picture of the area you are flying in ... I would expect to have compass errors as you fly around ... only needs a few cars and other to be in the street and it will detect magnetic anomalies.

Other than that no idea ....

Not much. Only a time or two. Still had "interference" but it would calibrate fine.   Going out this weekend to try in a rural setting.

2017-1-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Firecracker-P3 Posted at 2017-1-28 10:56
I've never had any sort of magnetic interference here before.

Here's the flight log http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TNW7PG5TOYQXO6PK9VDB/

Your launch point was a reinforced concrete drive way.
Reinforced concrete is full of steel.
NEVER calibrate the compass or launch from reinforced concrete.
Go somewhere magnetically clean, get a good compass calibration and don't mess with it again.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules