Tripod mode doesnt make any sense
1257 2 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
r4nd0m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

Had a play today with the various modes and have to admit that Tripod mode doesnt make any sense really ...

The reason I say this is the speed is reduced, so are the collective controls so elevator/aileron - however the yaw is still in its orignal settings.

I would think that in Tripod the current changes should apply BUT in addition to that the yar rate should also be decreased - else the model is completely tamed down but yaws way too quickly - adding expo at this point doesnt really make sense as you want to decrease the rate/throw of yaw so you can get the slow shots in ...

anyone else thinking reduction of yaw is missing and should be added to the profile?

cheers
r4n
2017-1-28
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

You can adjust the yaw speed to your liking in the Settings.

Tripod is meant to keep the drone itself stable, but allow quick pans for action if needed.

Go easy on the sticks or adjust them so that you don't have to.
2017-1-28
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

hypnotist Posted at 2017-1-28 12:22
You can adjust the yaw speed to your liking in the Settings.

Tripod is meant to keep the drone itself stable, but allow quick pans for action if needed.

I knownI can adjust everything. Ut as the DJI Go 4 app or none actually supports profiles you always would need to fiddle around with the settings which is wuite annoying- the Tripod profile reduced the throw on the cyclic controls but not on yaw which I think it should as well ...

Please DJI give me the option to store different aircraft behaviour profiles for quick selection of how the model behaves rather than needing to run through various settings all the time ...
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules