MAVI SHAKING BAD /motor burned up
1330 6 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3509fdbd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I went to fly my new mavic and on my first flight the copter started to shake lke crazy. I landed it with a reboot,I tried to fire up the motors and the back let motor started to smoke i pulled the battery fast.I fly huge x8 heavy lift copters and have never seen a motor burn up on take off.
2017-1-28
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Least it's confined to the motor. Just checked, parts started popping up on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mavi ... c-Pro-/122328291876

Or warranty..
2017-1-28
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

That's a bummer, but it definitely sounds like something that should be covered by the Mavic's warranty.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans7f9e4626
New
United States

I think these Mavics are junk. I just fired mine up and it has a warning that the motor is unstable with a big vibration. My other Mavic now has a obstacle avoidance and gimble overload problem. Thinking these Mavics are over rated and just junk. I invested $3000 into something thats going to the garbage can in less than a month.
2017-1-28
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

fans7f9e4626 Posted at 2017-1-28 19:02
I think these Mavics are junk. I just fired mine up and it has a warning that the motor is unstable with a big vibration. My other Mavic now has a obstacle avoidance and gimble overload problem. Thinking these Mavics are over rated and just junk. I invested $3000 into something thats going to the garbage can in less than a month.

That's not good. I had to buy new props for mine. It came with what looked like very unbalanced props stock. But after that, I've had no problems at all. I just nitpick over things it can't do, which isn't much.
2017-1-28
Use props
Western Refugee
New
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-28 19:11
That's not good. I had to buy new props for mine. It came with what looked like very unbalanced props stock. But after that, I've had no problems at all. I just nitpick over things it can't do, which isn't much.

Its funny kinda because I have never had the one with the shaking in sport mode, but the one with obstacle avoidance and gimble overload I ran hard in sport mode. I see so many problem people are having and I am also. I could of spent that money on my jeep and had more satisfaction. DJI is putting out some junk.
2017-1-28
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Western Refugee Posted at 2017-1-28 19:16
Its funny kinda because I have never had the one with the shaking in sport mode, but the one with obstacle avoidance and gimble overload I ran hard in sport mode. I see so many problem people are having and I am also. I could of spent that money on my jeep and had more satisfaction. DJI is putting out some junk.

Yeah the obstacle avoidance is pretty crap, have to agree. Flying into the sun sets it off. I turn that off, leave the bottom sensors on. If your careful you don't need it anyways.

Mine is fine in sports mode, switch that often, and gimbal is fine. The only time seen the overload was one time left the gimbal clamp on and fired it up. I've since put a hole in the clamp and small tether to a tag as reminder.

Using older firmware, 1.2.9 and a older version of go and litchi. Still haven't had a tbe, but if the trade off of having a tbe (which I'm sure I could manage) and these software errors that seem more serious, take the tbe! I'm almost positive all this odd stuff is happening because of software.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules