Phantom Prop guards vs collision avoidance?
511 3 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8cf0d029
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

I recently purchased a set of prop guards for my Phantom 4 only to find out that if installed, the obstacloe avoidance feature would be disabled.  Has anyone tried to use prop guards on a Phantom 4 and how is the obstacle avoidance feature disabled?  What if the guards are only installed on the rear props, will this cause any problems and will the obstacle avoidance feature be disabled also?  
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-1-28
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

WHAT?  No one has had this question?  If so, please post here because with my flying abilities, I need the prop guards AND the collision avoidance feature!  Thanks,  Jim
2017-1-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-1-29 17:37
WHAT?  No one has had this question?  If so, please post here because with my flying abilities, I need the prop guards AND the collision avoidance feature!  Thanks,  Jim

If you think prop guards are necessary, an alternative idea might be that your flying location is unsuitable.
Prop guards are great for giving you a false sense of security.
They are also good for getting in the frame when you film, good at catching the wind, slowing your Phantom, affecting battery life and making it even harder to fight a headwind.

Partcularly when you are a new flyer, flying in a large open area well away from obstacles is of critical importance.
2017-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are prop guard designs, that don't affect the sensors as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules