Mavic won't respond to remote control
1699 6 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nuum
lvl.1

United States

Hello everybody, I'm new to the Mavic Pro. I just have the Mavic for 2 weeks. I did the firmware update, IMU and Compass calibration as soon as I received the Mavic. Two days ago I was playing with the Mavic in backyard and the drone was 7 ft away from me and 5 ft height. The Mavic won't respond to the RC for about 2 minutes,then the RC showed " Landing".
  I turned off and restart, then everything work perfect. I used Assistant 2 to saved the flight data and going to e-mail to DJI.
  Today, I was flying the Mavic at 30 ft height and 100 ft away from me, then the RC showed " Max Atl". I can't go up any higher because the RC showed " Max Atl" even know it was only 30 ft height, all another functions worked. Againg, turned off the drone and restarted seem to work, but I was lucky the drone wasn't too far away to do the restart. I am affaird that one day my luck run out and the drone is gone.
   Anybody has this problem? Please help.

2017-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What parameters have you set in the app, were you in beginner mode, and did you read the Manual.

You said you calibrated the IMU and the compass, I don't know why you would do this, unless you got some sort of warnings.
The Manual clearly states . Do not calibrate the IMU or compass unless prompted,

I am not saying this was the cause of your problems, but it shows that you may not have read the Manual, and if you haven't then the likelihood is you are going to have more problems.
Good luck..
2017-1-28
Use props
Nuum
lvl.1

United States

I'd read the manual and download the PDF file. I did the calibration because the picture from the video was not clear and calibrated the IMU and compass resolved this problem.
Thanks for the " Go read the manual " advice anyway.
2017-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nuum Posted at 2017-1-28 16:56
I'd read the manual and download the PDF file. I did the calibration because the picture from the video was not clear and calibrated the IMU and compass resolved this problem.
Thanks for the " Go read the manual " advice anyway.

IMU and compass have nothing to do with your video picture..
2017-1-28
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

DId your mavic pop up saying updated needed when you start it up the first time?  Because I got mine about the same time as your and I check all the firmware is up to date.   I only do the compass calibration just in case but that's about it.   Also when you mavic is not fly high enough or behind some building then you will not get signal for your remote, as for the max atl you need to set it in setting on your phone in dji go.  This is why other mention about manual as you should know all these problem and how to deal with it if you check online video and manual.   Your video is tap focus not auto.
2017-1-28
Use props
Nuum
lvl.1

United States

I had soft focus problem and I saw this video on youtube. that why I did the IMU calibration. When I had issue with the Mavic it was on the open area with no building around, no magnetic field and it was not in the beginner mode.
  My problem is the remote won't respond to any command, no up/down, no video, no photo; I mean nothing work.

2017-1-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Try deleting the app and restart and see what happened. Max altitude is set in Beginner mode. Just double check the setting
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules