Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
All Inspire 2 owners who has and who hasn't (now includes prop)
12390 74 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joejoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194003 ft
Germany

yes, DJI Europe.
2017-2-15
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi joejoe,

They didn't say the same to me all they wanted was my address so they could send me new props which I received tested and now work perfectly.

You need to ask them why they are sending some people new ones without having them send the whole thing back.

Or you could try to contact DJI China.

Tony
2017-2-15
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had to send my X4S back has it a problem in video mode video is soft on the right-hand side, have heard of other X4S's having the same problem.

Received notification in the week that they are sending me a new replacement.
2017-2-17
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

newest firmware broke my i2.   main controller data recorder error every time now
2017-3-5
Use props
fans359cead5
New

United Arab Emirates

I informed DJI support about red props rattle... I sent them a video... they said they would replace it... after waiting for about a month... I asked again what is the update... support really lied after almost a week... the person said I should receive notification of when the props are shipped... after over a week nothing... so I told the support to cancel whatever they sent... as I sold my Inspire 2 because of the problems with DJI support... I received in less than a day a reply stating they cancelled... lol... when it comes to not having to replace their faulty product... DJI is fast... but when they have to replace something... it's like talking to a brick wall... DJI support is the worst... I regret buying the Inspire 2
2017-3-9
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The problem is NOT with the props, its all about the outer locking rings associated with the Quick Lock connectors. The White ones are nice and tight (some too tight) and the Red ones are too loose.
Having received 3 sets of new props from my very helpful UK dealer I eventually swapped the Red outer locking rings with White ones (having removed the white dots and replaced them with Red dots). Now all four sets of props work perfectly!
Regards
Allan
2017-3-10
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-31 00:58
Would be interesting to know how many of the 10 Inspire 2 owners have problems are the prop issues.

Actually curious.

Does anyone know the round about of what the actual sales of the I2 are at this point?
2017-3-19
Use props
Athoirs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1734908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3 Weeks and counting - waiting for replacement props to be sent back from " repair" support cannot say when... UK
2017-3-21
Use props
fans18c4c620
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144931 ft
Italy

Often very poor range distance before RTH
2017-3-21
Use props
Dan Bellerive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733668 ft
United States

Aside from the loose red propellers, I've found that I lose GPS frequently (but I'm in a valley in Alaska, so it may be more of a location issue) and have IMU Heading Exception at least once per flight. I've followed threads about the IMU before, but it doesn't hinder my flight as badly as popping in and out of ATTI mode.
2017-4-4
Use props
Vantex502
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33688 ft
United States

Its a better over all rig than the I1, faster, stronger, seems to be more durable. Inspire 1 felt like it was more of a toy being so much plastic, the I2 feels much more professional but for the additional $ it should be.. Only issue I am having is filming seems little choppy when turning I have slowed down turning to almost a crawl with same issue. I'm only using a micro sd right now but its still annoying. I am hoping its a setting or something I am yet to discover. If its a problem and it needs to be sent to DJI for repairs Id rather set fire to it and turn it into insurance, file a claim, order a new one because it would be a quicker process. Love there products but cant stand the repair and support process. Its like watching ice melt in winter.
2017-4-9
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

I still with no repaired props since day one {:4_154:}
2017-4-13
Use props
ATP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4006 ft
United States

allanart Posted at 2017-3-10 05:40
The problem is NOT with the props, its all about the outer locking rings associated with the Quick Lock connectors. The White ones are nice and tight (some too tight) and the Red ones are too loose.
Having received 3 sets of new props from my very helpful UK dealer I eventually swapped the Red outer locking rings with White ones (having removed the white dots and replaced them with Red dots). Now all four sets of props work perfectly!
Regards

I am truly surprised that's no one has noticed your post.
People, issue is not with the propellers, It's the mounting plates.
Can be checked so easily, just try the the "defective" prop on the opposite side, and it should be sitting tight, unless the other side is defective too.
Foam inserts only compensate for as a defect in a molding of mounting plate, propeller becomes tighter but it's still loose...
I went through three Inspire 2 kits at B&H New York to find the one without mounting plate defect.
2017-4-13
Use props
fansa3252939
lvl.2
Flight distance : 744514 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/E5BdcQ13E3c
2017-4-13
Use props
aarondanielfrit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

X5S gimbal was replaced because of crazy grinding noises right out of the box.  First inspire was replaced because of loos red props (the rattle issue). Second inspire had no issues tombstone with. But now it seems that all the props have that 'rattling' issue. Will be emailing support today about it.

Otherwise it's a dream!
2017-4-22
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

Thanks for the poll Arrow1969!

From Italy…
RED propellers fit smoothly.
WHITE propellers are straining and hard to mount ...and to lock.
Same issue with both the sets of props in the box.

I've thought it might depend on the fact that they are produced in two different mounting chains but on the other side of the world it's the opposite: red bad, white good. So my theory don't match.

You dig up the heart of the matter Arrow1969!
After i've submitted the form, at this moment, half the i2's pilots have problems with his/her drone (31.16%) and another half have not (31.16%). votazione i2.jpeg
Fifty-fifty!? Half i2's pilots are dreaming and another half have nightmares. This is not a good outcome.

"ESC Status Error" yesterday. Scary moments! I can't say to fly focused on my work.

Thanks again!
2017-4-25
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

allanart Posted at 2017-3-10 05:40
Regards

I suspected it! But I don't replace that pieces. May be that my i2 will goes in Holland so I don't replace them.
2017-4-25
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

ATP Posted at 2017-4-13 17:02
I am truly surprised that's no one has noticed your post.
People, issue is not with the propellers, It's the mounting plates.
Can be checked so easily, just try the the "defective" prop on the opposite side, and it should be sitting tight, unless the other side is defective too.

About the mounting plate vs props argument - Here is what I know...

My first unit got refunded because of the loose props and the dealer said they had no solution.

My second unit had no loose props - all very tight.

After a few flights, now all the props are loose.

I changed them all over for the extra set and they are all tight again.  Changed back and loose.

Seems logical to me that its not the mounts but the props themselves.
2017-4-25
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

So my props have got to a point now where they are all very very loose.  I have emailed DJI and hoping that someone from DJI will see this message - here is the case number #511812.

Here is the reply that I got from DJI.
Dear Customer ,

Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your DJI Product. Rattle noise does not affect any performance of the aircraft and flight safety. So please don't worry and enjoy the fly. It is normal if the propellers are loose after flying for a while when we provide you a replacement.

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Have a nice day!

-      So it seems DJI are saying that loose propellors on an aircraft is safe - I am fairly sure that FAA would not agree that loose propellors on a craft is safe!

DJI, please can you be realistic about this and please can you solve this problem for me and others who have this experience.

I am not trying to rock the boat, I just want to fly safely.

Thanks.
2017-4-25
Use props
Hummingbird2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91470 ft
Canada

Hi
I just purchased an I2. Is this issue being corrected?

Mine hasn't arrived yet so I hope there's at least not a defect.

Thanks
2017-5-1
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

My original post on this thread was rather hostile. I regret that and I've removed the post.  I do, for the most part, like my I2 very much and I've overcome my issue with the props.
2017-6-5
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

DS924 Posted at 2017-6-5 08:21
I haven't contacted anyone about it yet but I've gone from having one red prop rattled while manually spun to having both red and one white prop doing it.  After reading all of the other customers' discussions of this problem pretty upset with my decision to make these DJI purchases - I bought two of these Inspire 2s. I doubt that there will be a permanent" fix since it appears to be the philosophy of this company to just keep marching forward, i.e., take the money and run. Is it unfair to conclude that based on everyone else's experience?

Having edited a previous post, this message will seem out of place. I'm still loving my I2 and I'm working on ways to utilize it and to display the live feeds to a remote location.  I'm satisfied with my solution for the rattling prop issue.
2017-6-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-31 10:44
I'm still waiting for my I Haven't had any notification yet.

Tony
I finally got my Inspire 2 ....  I was hoping that by waiting until June 3 that the props would be version 2

Guess what... nope they are still the old versions   so now what do I do?

Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-11 17:04
Tony
I finally got my Inspire 2 ....  I was hoping that by waiting until June 3 that the props would be version 2

Good you got it, what is shame would have thought they have sorted it out by now it's ridiculous.
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-6-12 09:48
Good you got it, what is shame would have thought they have sorted it out by now it's ridiculous.

Thanks my friend, I was just not ready for this to be the old stuff.... I have one loose red prop and one white one that has some play. I guess I will be asking DJI for the new version 2 props and see what they say

Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no solution to the rattle props, if you send yours in, they send the same back. You trade in rattle props for more rattle props.

There is no solution
DJI does not care (because lets be honest here, it does not take 6 months to have a new propeller mold created and produce "V3" props to solve the issue)

DJI probably had thousands upon thousands of these props and is UNWILLING to throw them out, its a profit deal, nothing else. They realized that despite being BAD for the Inspire 2 (increasing wear etc, increasing chance of vibration etc), that is isnt BAD ENOUGH to warrant a drastic move like throwing all the props out and quickly making a V3 (or even recalling all the bad ones and replacing them for free).

For that reason, DJI has lost a lot of brownie points with this move. I hope it is worth the money they save to go this path, it is certainly damaging their reputation but what do I know
2017-6-13
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just took delivery on an I2.
All props fitting very well! No numbers at all on underside and foam inserts in all of them.
First flight tomorrow.....

2017-6-13
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>

My props are all over the place, some are a tight fight, some are very loose and wobble. One of my red props is really hard to get on and off as well. I asked DJI Europe Technical Support for help and they refused to do anything stating that as long as the Inspire 2 flies without any errors then there is no problem and that their engineers have checked this issue and confirmed that the props are within spec.
It's slighly annoying to then hear that they are supplying other customers with better fitting props!
2018-6-19
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3109419 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I Have a new one problem
I have updated all my hardware (Battries, Cameras, Controllers, CrystalSky screens "both sizes") with all the latest firmware updates. I did this Monday the 10/12/2018 December

But I have come accross a strange issue on both of my small CrystalSky screens (But not the Large CS Screen)
If i press the fpv box on the screen to view my fpv camera, it comes on as normal, but soon as I switch it off I loose the complete picture, if I switch the fpv back on then the both picture come back on (Main camera in the background) but soon as I switch back I loose all video feed again, just get a flickering screen. I have to reboot the app to clear the problem, then not engage the fpv.

Is anyone else having this issue?

If I use the large CrystalSky Screen or an IPad/IPhone then I do not get this issue.
I have tried this on both of my inspire 2's and they are exactly the same.

Please try and see if you are getting this issue if you are fully up to date with firmwares and you have the small CrystalSky screen, be interesting to know if this is icolated or a general bug.

Many thanks.
2018-12-14
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul Joy Posted at 2018-6-19 03:29
My props are all over the place, some are a tight fight, some are very loose and wobble. One of my red props is really hard to get on and off as well. I asked DJI Europe Technical Support for help and they refused to do anything stating that as long as the Inspire 2 flies without any errors then there is no problem and that their engineers have checked this issue and confirmed that the props are within spec.
It's slighly annoying to then hear that they are supplying other customers with better fitting props!

Dont be frustrated, the "better fitting props" also referred to as V2 props are not really 'fixed'.
All they did to address the issue was to stick a small piece of foam into the propeller hub, which gets squished when mounted, essentially hiding the rattling (for a while).
After something like 20 flights or so however, the foam is so compressed that the rattling issue returns since they did not actually change the prop at all.
2019-1-4
Use props
Make my day
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669026 ft
United States

I have been using dji products since 11/2014. in 4 years I have never been treated with any kind of respect or been lied to so much. dji does not give a ... about their customers before, during or after the sale.
2019-1-8
Use props
mjmack95yahoo.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stability issue with mine. On 300 was much better with .100 firmware. Fixed camera problem but stability worse. Any ideas anybody? Anyone else having this problem?
2020-6-14
Use props
Rashid Jam
New
Flight distance : 164 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have tried calibrating all my lenses with the x7 but still I can get better still images on my phantom 4 pro. The still image quality of the inspire 2 with x7 does not feel like 24 mega pixel its completly soft and my 12 mega pixel a7sii can get me better results. The worst bit is that I can't find anywhere any instructions on the lense calibration for the x7. Hope someone can help me solve this issue.
2020-10-18
Use props
djiuser_FHrQRhU4Zgr3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151962 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rashid Jam Posted at 2020-10-18 18:26
I have tried calibrating all my lenses with the x7 but still I can get better still images on my phantom 4 pro. The still image quality of the inspire 2 with x7 does not feel like 24 mega pixel its completly soft and my 12 mega pixel a7sii can get me better results. The worst bit is that I can't find anywhere any instructions on the lense calibration for the x7. Hope someone can help me solve this issue.

It's not an issue, it's just the way X7 is. My phantom 4 and X5S produce much sharper images than this overpriced junk
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_liExuxrXW8oi
New
Flight distance : 19633 ft
United States

Brand new Inspire 2 broken from factory. Candence remote controller had broken cables and the drone itself has a broken arm and the X5S will not attach to it
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules