TB47 LED-1 FLASHING
3445 9 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8b35c988
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi everyone
Went out flying the drone yesterday, and landed it when it was still 50% charged. When I got home and had taken the battery out of the drone, I tested the battery life by pressing the button once on the battery, but only LED1 was flashing. Am I right in thinking that LED1 and LED2 should be flashing when the battery is 50% charged?

2017-1-29
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mine does this sometimes as well , may be a slight discrepancy between the "Smart Battery" and the Reading on the go app , nothing to worry about.( in my opinion )  I will tell you this seeing that you are a beginner ( On the forum anyway ) NEVER take off with anything less than a full pack , time and again we have seen AC crash as the result of taking off with a packs at say 75%.( reading via go app )   It sounds like it would be fine but the battery with less than a full charge can dissipate vary quickly.  I don't like this either, it is just one of those things we must learn to adjust to .  In cold weather this is even more critical .

Also in the manual there is a chart but it is not always 100% accurate . page 21
Is this a brand new battery ?  

Not saying it is right , it just happens on my pack all the time and I just chalk it up to being out of tolerance or the chart is wrong.  As long as you are not getting significantly reduced flight times or the battery wont get near  100% charge , I think you are ok.  

A full pack to me is one that is freshly charged and at least at 95% reading on the go app.

Have fun
2017-1-29
Use props
fans8b35c988
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Donnie

The battery has had about 5hrs flight time.

Thank you for your reply!
2017-1-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

fans8b35c988 Posted at 2017-1-29 08:19
Hi Donnie

Sounds like a battery calibration could be needed. From a fully charged battery, deplete till it turns itself off, then fully recharge. Job done!
You could check the battery info in the app whilst you do this. The smart battery will shut itself down when the lowest cell gets to 3.3v, percentage is not relevant as the "smart" part of the battery is not sure of it's %age, hence the need for calibration.  

I hope this helps.

Donnie, I have seen a number of Inspire 1 midflight battery shutdowns from taking off with 95-98%. Personally, I would not take off with less than 100%.  If the battery is at 95% or more and refuses to charge, plug it in and turn it on.

Good luck

Mark G.
2017-1-29
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-29 09:52
Sounds like a battery calibration could be needed. From a fully charged battery, deplete till it turns itself off, then fully recharge. Job done!
You could check the battery info in the app whilst you do this. The smart battery will shut itself down when the lowest cell gets to 3.3v, percentage is not relevant as the "smart" part of the battery is not sure of it's %age, hence the need for calibration.  

The reason I mentioned 95 % is because it was my understanding that with say 60  charge cycles on a pack that it will not go to the 100% reading any more , it might be maxed at 96%.  I do agree that the pack should be freshly charged and then you fly , I always put a force charge on my batteries if they have been sitting for a few days , just so I don't get burned .

We are on the same page Brother Mark !! we both agree that you must fly with fresh charged full batteries !
And I did mention this tidbit below  as well in my post #2 :

A full pack to me is one that is freshly charged and at least at 95% reading on the go app.
donnie

2017-1-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-29 11:45
The reason I mentioned 95 % is because it was my understanding that with say 60  charge cycles on a pack that it will not go to the 100% reading any more , it might be maxed at 96%.  I do agree that the pack should be freshly charged and then you fly , I always put a force charge on my batteries if they have been sitting for a few days , just so I don't get burned .

We are on the same page Brother Mark !! we both agree that you must fly with fresh charged full batteries !

Hi, Donnie,

I do believe we are on the same page here but to clarify for anyone else, if I have a battery that has sat fully charged for 24 hours or more and I'm not sure if it has dropped from 100% to say 98% from the time it was charged, I will turn it on and then plug it in to the charger to "top it off". This will bring it up to 100%.
If you try to charge a battery when it's at 98% without first turning it on, it will not charge, the lights will come on briefly then it will shut down, still at 98%.
The word "intelligent" is a bit of a misnomer as far as intelligent batteries are concerned.
As for percentages, the smart part of the battery gets as confused about this subject as the rest of us. Lets face it, if it reads 0% when the battery still has 3.3v and that's with a good calibration maybe I should have paid more attention at school because when I do the math, 0.0% = 0.0v.  {:4_157:}

All the best pal.

Mark G.
2017-1-29
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-29 12:14
Hi, Donnie,

I do believe we are on the same page here but to clarify for anyone else, if I have a battery that has sat fully charged for 24 hours or more and I'm not sure if it has dropped from 100% to say 98% from the time it was charged, I will turn it on and then plug it in to the charger to "top it off". This will bring it up to 100%.

So the bottom line is do not fly unless your pack has been fully charged , unless you are into crashing , misery ,heartache , and general feelings of wanting to kill ones self .......
Bit dramatic I know but I am still trying to learn proper English , as I am from a distant Planet .........

cheers brother Mark !!

donnie
2017-1-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-29 12:42
So the bottom line is do not fly unless your pack has been fully charged , unless you are into crashing , misery ,heartache , and general feelings of wanting to kill ones self .......
Bit dramatic I know but I am still trying to learn proper English , as I am from a distant Planet .........

2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans8b35c988 Posted at 2017-1-29 08:19
Hi Donnie

When you fully charge the battery, do the LEDs read like it's charged, or is it off by one?
2017-1-29
Use props
fans8b35c988
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Jamie

When I fully charge the battery, all of 4 LED's flash.

Cheers
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules