Mavic Only Flies Backwards or Down...
1954 9 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4cd6500d
New

United States

Before my first flight I calibrated the compass/IMU/RC controls. Performed a auto-take off, pressed the right stick up, and the drone came backwards towards me.  I pressed the right stick down, and the same, it came back toward me.  Similar behavior with the left stick, up or down the drone only descends toward the ground.

I reloaded the firmware with the PC software, and verified my Go 4 app is up to date in the google play store.  I double checked, my controller is in Mode 2.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks!!!
2017-1-29
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

One note - something I'm trying to find out because my Mavic flies without problems but some people have reported this - try to fly WITHOUT auto take-off.

So go like this:
- connect the controller to the phone but don't start the app yet,
- power on the controller,
- start the app (or it will detect the controller and start automatically),
- power on the mavic,
- wait for GPS and home point record etc,
- start the motors (left stick down and right, right stick down and left),
- take off with the left stick up (since you're in mode 2 that should work).

If you could double-check this we might get an idea what the problem is.
2017-1-29
Use props
fans4cd6500d
New

United States

So I just took it out for another quick flight, but this time a manual takeoff, not auto takeoff... After in the air it the controls seemed normal...

Why would auto takeoff cause the bird to behave differently to controls?
2017-1-29
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Cool thank you for the test - now we have some answers. Auto take-off should not influence the controls but... it seems it does. I'm still waiting for confirmation from some other users (contacted via different forums etc) but once I do get this I'll jump on DJI with feedback.

This is a bit scary really. It's a software bug - which can of course happen - but this should in no way influence the actual stick controls. Whatever the settings the stick controls should always override any software and just work - if this is not the case something is very wrong. Let's wait a bit for clarification from other folks and let's see then.
2017-1-29
Use props
fans4cd6500d
New

United States

New update on this problem... DJI support had me do all the regular stuff then recommended I try DJI GO app not the DJI GO 4...It seemed to work just fine! So my question is what would cause the app to effect the control of the bird?
2017-1-30
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I had a similar problem initially.  Any direction of stick movement would only result in right or down.  Recalibration would not complete in GO 4, but would work in GO (3).  After recalibration in Go (3),  GO 4 worked fine and has since.
2017-1-30
Use props
Xader
New

Switzerland

Thank you very much! You just saved me from buying a new RC. I had this problem now for about 3 Weeks and you gave me the simple solution
2017-3-5
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Xader Posted at 2017-3-5 09:06
Thank you very much! You just saved me from buying a new RC. I had this problem now for about 3 Weeks and you gave me the simple solution

I have a new Mavic - flown it 3 times and each time it has taken off  - then flown backwards - with no control actions  at all on the controller. 3rd time  was indoors and resulted in a wall hit  - and a broken vase. What is going on?!?!?! Is it the controller or Mavic? Gutted. Have contacted uk distributor. Had waited over 5 months since paying/ordering- just received so not happy.
2017-3-6
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HI - Correction to my last post:  
First flight was MANUAL take off, hovered, flew a short distance and landed - all fine. I am using DJI GO4.
Next 2 flights were both on auto take off and both resulted in Mavic waiting between 5 - 10 seconds then, without me touching any controller, flying backwards - first into curtains and second time into a vase and wall.
I will find a large clear area and  A-use manual takeoff - and be ready to power down if it flies off again and assuming that all goes well, B-will try using DJI GO and try manual  then auto takeoff.
2017-3-7
Use props
Philgn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16299 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem with the drone only flying backwards; mine was pilot error, I had the prop guards in the wrong place, didn’t have the white markers aligned
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules