Gimbal roll issues
772 5 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arielboer
lvl.1

United States

So I got my Mavic about 2 weeks ago, and since the first flight I've had issues maintaining my gimbal's roll. I've read about potential issues flying in colder weather, and initially chalked it up to the upper 30 degree weather I was flying in, but just got back from a trip to Mexico where I still experienced issues in 80 degree weather. The problem seems to be exacerbated by switching to sport mode, where I can see over 5 degrees of roll after making a turn, which sometimes decides to autocorrect after a few seconds. I'm not using any accessories like filters or anything that might affect the performance, and I tried calibrating the gimbal which didn't do much if anything to help.

I've also noticed that, mostly when in sport mode, if I turn the craft, the gimbal seems to turn in that direction for a few seconds after the turn is completed, so when flying straight, it looks like the craft is drifting to the side instead.

Are these results normal? Is this something DJI knows about/is planning to fix? I recall the latest firmware update stating it should improve cold weather performance of the gimbal, so is this already "fixed"? Thanks in advance!
2017-1-29
Use props
FivosVas
New

Cyprus

i've also been having issues with the drone.   The mavic is also 1 day old and  the gimbal seems to be stuttering.
2017-1-29
Use props
FivosVas
New

Cyprus

i've also been having issues with the drone.   The mavic is also 1 day old and  the gimbal seems to be stuttering.  

Look the below footages. There are 2 issues with the 1 day old Mavic

1.  Blur bottom right corner.  Alot of people are having issues with this one
2. Distortion on the image. This is a gimbal issue . As you can see from the footage, when the drone is still it does a stuttering & distortion of horizontal lines

Any help would be appreciated

My drone is 1 day old.  I can always send it back to the authorised retailed of my town. I just want an official person of DJI to guide me whats the best solution for this.
2017-1-29
Use props
FivosVas
New

Cyprus

Look the below footages. There are 2 issues with the 1 day old Mavic

1.  Blur bottom right corner.  Alot of people are having issues with this one
2. Distortion on the image. This is a gimbal issue . As you can see from the footage, when the drone is still it does   distortion of horizontal lines

Any help would be appreciated

My drone is 1 day old.  I can always send it back to the authorised retailed of my town. I just want an official person of DJI to guide me whats the best solution for this.

2017-1-29
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

I have the same issue. If I'm filming on the ground and pan up, the horizon is tilted almost every time. I've calibrated the gimbal but same results.
2017-1-30
Use props
Arielboer
lvl.1

United States

Is there anyone from DJI who can comment on this? Is this something to take to support?
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules