DAT file upload won't work
802 7 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newman0912
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

Hi.  I've tried to upload my flight log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
But it doesn't load the file.
I have a funny feeling I'm trying to use the worng link?

Help me undesrstand this.
As I understand it, there are two log files:  A text file that's resident in the DJI App on my I Phone, and a DAT flight log that's resident in the Aircraft memory (not on the SD card).

To explain, today I took a flight, and the video went black on my phone.  I still had the telemetry, but on a previous post, someone had told me if the video goes black, just switch from video to still photo, and back again.  I did and it did nothing.
Next, in the post, the person told me that to get the video back guarranteed, close the DJI App, and reopen it.
Great.  I did that, and then I had nothing.  No video, no connectino to the phone at all, no telemetry, everything on the screen was N/A.

As luck would have it, the aircraft returned to home after lost signal.
I viewed the SD card video on my computer when I returned home, but I want to see the 'log' to see what happened.
I don't know how to get that off the Aircraft memory.

Thanks.
I'm running a Windows PC.
2017-1-29
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

There are flight logs on the AC, but that's not the files you need for the log viewer in the link above. Those are on your device. The link above is correct, and there's a video instructions on retrieving your log from itunes right there.
2017-1-29
Use props
newman0912
lvl.2
United States

I need to see the aircraft logs because I completely lost the signal on the I Phone, so the logs on the phone are incompleted and not the full flight, including the RTH.
Is there another link for the aircraft logs?
Thanks.
2017-1-29
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

newman0912 Posted at 2017-1-29 19:32
I need to see the aircraft logs because I completely lost the signal on the I Phone, so the logs on the phone are incompleted and not the full flight, including the RTH.
Is there another link for the aircraft logs?
Thanks.

Yes give me a movement to find it. But the format will be different form what the site above will show. And not sure how well or if that can be shared with others.
2017-1-29
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

I have two, take you choice.
https://support.dronesmadeeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/206171443
http://www.djilogs.com/#/
2017-1-29
Use props
newman0912
lvl.2
United States

I found the txt file of the flight and it did upload to the link above, however, I think I screwed it up by closingn the DJI App to try and restore the video because the flight ends at the distance at which I lost contact with the aircraft and shut off the DJI App.  Too bad, I would have liked to understand what exactly happend.
I do have the SD Video of the complete flight.
It clearly shows that the aircraft holvered in place after I lost video and when I shut off the DJI App, It seems like it hovered until it decided to RTH on it's own.
I did have the sense to flip the left controller switch up and down 3 times.
Could the controller initiate RTH even if the DJI Go App was turned off?
Either that, or the aircraft just automatically RTH after the required time of 'lost signal'.  That's probably what happened.
In any event, it worked perfectly.
2017-1-29
Use props
newman0912
lvl.2
United States

Ok, thanks William.  Hey, read my other post from 10 minutes ago and let me knwo what you think.
As far as this?  I guess the text file is what I need.
I'm just wondering, in normal circuimstances, if you lose signal and the AC returns on it's own, how does the complete txt file get recorded to the phone device app?
2017-1-29
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

newman0912 Posted at 2017-1-29 19:46
I found the txt file of the flight and it did upload to the link above, however, I think I screwed it up by closingn the DJI App to try and restore the video because the flight ends at the distance at which I lost contact with the aircraft and shut off the DJI App.  Too bad, I would have liked to understand what exactly happend.
I do have the SD Video of the complete flight.
It clearly shows that the aircraft holvered in place after I lost video and when I shut off the DJI App, It seems like it hovered until it decided to RTH on it's own.

First question, the S2 switch (RTH) is completely separate from your device. So yes, RTH via the RC will work without the Go app. Second item, "lost signal" refers to the RC again, not the app. If the large LED is green, you are still connected, if red disconnected. So even without the app or even a device, if that light is green your still in control of the AC.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules