Firmware Update failed at 65% (0x020103 error code)
4465 24 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GHOZT
lvl.1

Germany

Hey guys,

I have an serious problem with my new Phantom 4 Pro. It comes with the Firmware V01.01.0201 and told me to update to the actual firmware V01.02.0304. After I´ve tried it by the app and it didnt work I´ve tried it with the DJI assistant 2. It shows me the Firmware there but every time I try to upgrade its get stuck at 65% and the Phantom restarts. After this it shows the "update failed" Screen and the Error Code 0x020103.

I´ve tried to refresh the actual firmware and try to update again but it didnt work. Could anybody please help me out? I´ve seen some posts with the same problem in the forum. The guys received a file and some Intructions and the firmware update worked after this.

Could you please send me this files and Informations too? My Email is i.gerencser@gmx.net

Thank you!

2017-1-30
Use props
Dmitryb67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Hi there, I have exactly the same problem! The first firmware update (received the drone on Jan 27) after unpacking, connection and turning on went well. Then, after 2 days of little flying I received a warning in DJI Go 4 App "Camera error (code 01)". After that, appeared the message on the initial page of Go 4 "Incompatibility issues may occur between some modules and the device.
2017-1-30
Use props
Dmitryb67
lvl.3
Russia

Continue update?" After clicked "Yes", update status bar went fast to 20%, the drone rebooted and update failed at 73% with the message "Update failed!" Pls let me know when you receive help on this issue. My email db-2003@yandex.ru Thanks. Dmitry
2017-1-30
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are you using IOS or Android? My experience with IOS you need to use IPHON6S+ or MINI4 with fast internet connection. I updated mine several times with no issues.

Also make usre you cforce close any apps except the GO4 app, good luck!
2017-1-30
Use props
GHOZT
lvl.1

Germany

dronist Posted at 2017-1-30 19:18
Are you using IOS or Android? My experience with IOS you need to use IPHON6S+ or MINI4 with fast internet connection. I updated mine several times with no issues.

Yeah I´ve used my Ipad Air 2. And any other App was closed. But it doesnt work with the DJI Assistant 2 App too. My Internet Connection is fast as hell. I will give it a try with my iPhone 6s Plus at the evening. Thank you!
2017-1-30
Use props
Dmitryb67
lvl.3
Russia

dronist Posted at 2017-1-30 19:18

Thanks for the guidance, Dronist. Haven't tried it with iPhone6s (don't have it), but tried with Assistant 2. Result is the same - Update failed. However, it can be successfully downgraded to v01.01.0203, but doesn't help in my case, because on top of FW upgrade issue I also have CAMERA ERROR warning in GO 4 app that came out of nowhere.
2017-1-31
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

DJI Mindy will send you a link to download the update file. Format your sd card, upload the file to the sd card , and switch the drone on, DJI Mindy can you provide a dowload link for Dmitry to download the update file please.
2017-1-31
Use props
GHOZT
lvl.1

Germany

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-31 04:53
DJI Mindy will send you a link to download the update file. Format your sd card, upload the file to the sd card , and switch the drone on, DJI Mindy can you provide a dowload link for Dmitry to download the update file please.

Yeah this sounds like the update with a Bin file like the older models. I need exactly this file but nobody want to send it to me. It would be awesome to get it. DJI Mindy.

THX Spike! Maybe this helps.
2017-1-31
Use props
Dmitryb67
lvl.3
Russia

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-31 04:53

Spike, thanks a lot! This sounds like a real help! My email address is db-2003@yandex.ru
2017-1-31
Use props
Dmitryb67
lvl.3
Russia

DJI Mindy, me email address to send the update file is db-2003@yandex.ru. Many thanks in advance!
2017-1-31
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United States

Dmitry the update file is over 80 megabytes in size, when Mindy gets back from chinese new year holiday im sure she will put the file in a dropbox , and you can download it from there. DJi has dedicated bandwidth for the drop box. Most of the these download update problems are due to issues of slow downloads. The drop box bandwidth will help in getting the download faster
2017-2-1
Use props
Dmitryb67
lvl.3
Russia

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-2-1 00:12
Dmitry the update file is over 80 megabytes in size, when Mindy gets back from chinese new year holiday im sure she will put the file in a dropbox , and you can download it from there. DJi has dedicated bandwidth for the drop box. Most of the these download update problems are due to issues of slow downloads. The drop box bandwidth will help in getting the download faster

Spike, Got it! Thanks for clarifying. Do you know if this "magic" update file has helped other fellows on the same problem? I'm also wondering what triggered this problem in my case? When I initialized the drone, I had no issues with FW update. But then, Camera Error popped up followed by Update failed issue.
2017-2-1
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United States

Yes it certainly has helped many others , I will look for the original thread and post it up here
2017-2-1
Use props
Dmitryb67
lvl.3
Russia

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-2-1 01:57
Yes it certainly has helped many others , I will look for the original thread and post it up here

Thanks, Spike! Will wait for your post
2017-2-1
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

make sure the aircraft battery is more than 50%, preferably 100% charge, then retry. hope this fixes this prob.
2017-2-1
Use props
GHOZT
lvl.1

Germany

I didnt hear anything from DJI Mindy. I had three batteries to upgrade the aircraft and all of them had 100% so thats not the problem in my case.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

GHOZT Posted at 2017-1-31 05:59
Yeah this sounds like the update with a Bin file like the older models. I need exactly this file but nobody want to send it to me. It would be awesome to get it. DJI Mindy.

THX Spike! Maybe this helps.

Sorry to hear you're having issues, I sent you a PM with the info.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dmitryb67 Posted at 2017-1-30 01:34
Continue update?" After clicked "Yes", update status bar went fast to 20%, the drone rebooted and update failed at 73% with the message "Update failed!" Pls let me know when you receive help on this issue. My email  Thanks. Dmitry

I sent you a PM as well.
2017-2-3
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-3 14:25
I sent you a PM as well.

Jamie, Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help! I will try and let you know the outcome
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-2-3 22:55
Jamie, Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help! I will try and let you know the outcome

Please keep me posted.
2017-2-4
Use props
Sobey1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15200 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I seem to be having the same problems with my phantom 4 pro as these guys with same fails and same error codes, but luckily.the company I got it from have agreed an exchange. Could I get a link to the download though just in case I get it with the new one.
email is: martynsobey@gmail.com
2017-4-20
Use props
josjr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 409268 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Can you help me?
my email is

josjr-@hotmail.com
2017-11-9
Use props
BraveSpirit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205007 ft
United States

I probably need help too with this Firmware Update. I would appreciate it in advance. Hernan.Espiritu@outlook.com
2017-11-9
Use props
pjkjBF5sjFj8
New
Flight distance : 4708 ft
United States

Hey,

To help anyone who experiences the same issue here as I also received the error - Update Failed. REASON: 0x0201003

The bad news is there is no solution.  I've tried everything and speaking with DJI support, the only solution is to send it in for repair.   

I'm really annoyed with DJI for this because there is no issue with my drone as such.  I was flying it just fine without updating the firmware until they FORCED the latest firmware update.  They effectively "bricked" my drone.  It worked fine without the firmware update, because I couldn't update it ever.  I've tried over 10 months with the latest updates in the hope one would work.  Until they basically did a forceful push of a update through the android app that said the drone had a warning and stated it was unable to fly on the app.  But I couldn't update it?  And I couldn't fly it.

Annoyingly I bought it in the USA and live in the UK.  Warranties are regional only so I have to post it to the USA service centre and receive it locally also.  Frustrating they won't send it to the UK!  So a lot of faffing with virtual addresses and expensive shipping costs.  For helpful reference you can setup a virtual address in the USA fairly easily and use this for receiving and forwarding on wherever you live.  I used Shipito for those interested.

Luckily it was just 1 month within the 12 month warranty period.  I would have been super angry if it was outside as they would have charged for the repair.  DJI - you should not be able to brick a product like this as you did it automatically through an over the air update to my app.  I did not choose this.  For anyone else who has experienced the same issue, you should voice your concern here.  I'm sure there are many who fall outside the warranty period and have worse situations than me.

As an update - I have only just posted it to DJI in the USA.  I will update once I receive back in working order.  It's got to travel about 10,000 miles - so maybe it will have the record for miles flown!!

John
2018-4-15
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

pjkjBF5sjFj8 Posted at 2018-4-15 13:15
Hey,

To help anyone who experiences the same issue here as I also received the error - Update Failed. REASON: 0x0201003

Hey, just open a case and send the drone to the nearest location, this is the best solution. Let them fix it
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules