RC started to beep and heat up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

So I flew my P3P the day before with RC battery full and used two Phantom batteries
That was at around 12 AM
I packed it, got home and left it in my room without touching it at all the rest of the day
And at night some beeping woke me up and I was confused at first
I started to look around my room to see what was it
And I realised it sounded like the Phantom's RC
But it was beeping too fast
I opened the box and got the RC out and it was so hot I could barely hold it (I think the heat was coming from the bottom left part and around the power button
I'm not totally sure about this but I think the LED on the RC was changing colors
I'm sure I've seen the red LED but I think there was also a green one and yellow (but never seen yellow on the RC
I know what the red and green LED mean but not sure about yellow
But maybe there wasn't yellow at all
Idk because it woke me up at 4AM and definitely shocked me at first
The RC also showed that the battery was at 50%
I turned it off, put it back in the box and went to sleep again
I haven't tried the drone or the RC today because I totally forgot about it
I can't try it now either because I'm at school
Has anyone ever experienced this?
What could have even caused this at all?
Sorry for the long post Edit: I'm not sure if I turned off the RC when I finished flying it
But I think that I would heard the beeping if there was any when I got home since the RC starts to beep after some time when not connected to the drone
2017-1-30
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

That is unusual for sure. The RC, even if left on should turn of by itself after I'm guess 8-10 minutes of inactivity. Not exactly sure of the time frame, but I have had to happen to me. But at any rate it should not have stayed on! Could it be that in your case or whatever you store it in that the something could have been pressing against the power button? Just asking.
2017-1-30
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-1-30 05:16
That is unusual for sure. The RC, even if left on should turn of by itself after I'm guess 8-10 minutes of inactivity. Not exactly sure of the time frame, but I have had to happen to me. But at any rate it should not have stayed on! Could it be that in your case or whatever you store it in that the something could have been pressing against the power button? Just asking.

There's no way anything pressed the button
I'm still carrying it in the original box it came with because I haven't yet bought a case
2017-1-30
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2017-1-30 07:41
There's no way anything pressed the button
I'm still carrying it in the original box it came with because I haven't yet bought a case

Ok, just want to clear that possibility up. Well, don't have any other suggestions for you. How old is you setup? Would it still be under warranty? That is concerning, if it either stayed on or came on by itself. I would be cautious of putting it in your original carton too. Maybe leave it out to see if it comes on again.

On second thought, if it is out of warranty, and you feel comfortable, maybe take the controller apart to see if any damage inside can be found. It is not hard to do at all.
2017-1-30
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-1-30 09:53
Ok, just want to clear that possibility up. Well, don't have any other suggestions for you. How old is you setup? Would it still be under warranty? That is concerning, if it either stayed on or came on by itself. I would be cautious of putting it in your original carton too. Maybe leave it out to see if it comes on again.

On second thought, if it is out of warranty, and you feel comfortable, maybe take the controller apart to see if any damage inside can be found. It is not hard to do at all.

It's 3 months old but I don't feel like sending it in for waranty because my gimbal needs replacing (it does work but it's doing weird stuff sometimes) and my landing gear needs replacing because my dad crashed it while trying to land it in a really narrow space so if I try sending the quad and RC for a repair they probably won't fix it for freeThat's if the RC can't separately be sent in
I never actually dropped the RC so I doubt any internal damage could've been caused
I will definitely get it out of the box and see if it does anything weirdCan't try flying because I unfortunately don't have the time for that right now
I will report back if I see anythung unusual and if it does the same thing again I may consider taking it apart
Thanks

2017-1-30
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2017-1-30 11:04
It's 3 months old but I don't feel like sending it in for waranty because my gimbal needs replacing (it does work but it's doing weird stuff sometimes) and my landing gear needs replacing because my dad crashed it while trying to land it in a really narrow space so if I try sending the quad and RC for a repair they probably won't fix it for freeThat's if the RC can't separately be sent in
I never actually dropped the RC so I doubt any internal damage could've been caused
I will definitely get it out of the box and see if it does anything weirdCan't try flying because I unfortunately don't have the time for that right now

Good luck to you and hope you get it figured out!
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules