New replacement wont power on!!! R U serious DJI?
1009 12 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

After 2 and a half weeks of waiting I finally got the new replacement delivered.
Fully charge the battery put it in the Mavic. Press the power button and.............
It wont power on!!!!

Are you kidding me DJI???  WTF!!
2017-1-30
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Sad you're having issues. Does it even try to boot up or is it completely fried? I hope you get a solution quickly!
2017-1-30
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-30 07:55
Sad you're having issues. Does it even try to boot up or is it completely fried? I hope you get a solution quickly!

This is the 3rd DOA item I receive from DJI in recent months. It is beyond joke.

It won't power on doesn't matter how long I press the button on the battery. All I can see is 4 green lights lit up. Am waiting for the other batteries to charge and see if they are the same.

Also the rear right leg is very wobbly when fold up, the previous unit doesn't have such problem. I think there really is no quality control in this company.
2017-1-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Out of curiosity, are these warranty replacements or Care Refresh replacements?
2017-1-30
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-1-30 08:09
Out of curiosity, are these warranty replacements or Care Refresh replacements?

It's DOA replacement.
The previous one has some issues with the camera but flies fine otherwise.

This one .....OMG......I don't know what to say.

Now I tried the 2nd battery and it's still the same.
{:4_157:}
2017-1-30
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

"It won't power on doesn't matter how long I press the button on the battery. All I can see is 4 green lights lit up."

Are you sure you know how to turn on the battery ?
2017-1-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain, Im waiting on my 3rd phantom 4 pro, first 2 defective it's been 2 and a half weeks since I ruturned the second one and haven't heard anything. CAS numbers don't work.
2017-1-30
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

Harbourside Posted at 2017-1-30 08:40
"It won't power on doesn't matter how long I press the button on the battery. All I can see is 4 green lights lit up."

Are you sure you know how to turn on the battery ?

Sounds like someone forgot the double-tap
2017-1-30
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

Try updating the firmware. Changing batteries. Changing chargers. I doubt it's the drone
2017-1-30
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Panic over.

The previous batteries were old ones came with Mavic combo and that somehow doesn't work with the new Mavic.

Now I put the new battery that come with the Mavic today and it's now power on just fine. Strange!

Let see if after firmware update the other batteries works too.

2017-1-30
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-1-30 08:47
Panic over.

The previous batteries were old ones came with Mavic combo and that somehow doesn't work with the new Mavic.

I strongly believe the firmware on your 'old' batteries aren't in sync with your craft.  Good luck with the firmware update....I'm sure you'll have em all working in no time.
2017-1-30
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

There have been firmware updates for the batteries, but you still have to turn them on in order to do the update, so its not that as even if the battery needs updating you can still power up the Mavic.

If your previous batteries don't work with the new Mavic, then how are you going to update them ?
2017-1-30
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-1-30 08:59
There have been firmware updates for the batteries, but you still have to turn them on in order to do the update, so its not that as even if the battery needs updating you can still power up the Mavic.

If your previous batteries don't work with the new Mavic, then how are you going to update them ?

The new battery powers on just fine. so I am updating the firmware now.
But the loose /wobble hind leg worries me.

Cheers!
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules