Litchi App is amazing....So far.
1607 24 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

So i was surfing you tube and ran across some videos from a pilot named Dirtybird, and he had some incredible videos of the 3 Std traveling like 40,000 plus feet....i thought WTF?! Hows that possible, but he replied to my comments and questions almost immediately and told me about the Litchi app....so i bought it and i just got done with my first test flight with it. It was so cool. the App seems to be pretty nice, and the mission hub is cool. i had a little trouble trying to figure out how to get the mission to load and start, but i watched some more of the filmschool guy and was able to figure it out on my second try. one mistake i did make was i was actually off about 20 feet from where i thought i had programmed it to start so when it executed it headed towards a tree....but it stopped. the video is uploading now and i'll provide a link to it in the video section when completed ifanyone wants to see it.
2017-1-30
Use props
Taxi329
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107953 ft
United States

I have been wondering whether i should pull the trigger on the Litchi app.  I'm now having video problems on the DJI Go app which I never had in the past.  I'll be curious to your video quality and any other things you find out good or bad about the app.
2017-1-30
Use props
Digital Schools
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1185102 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i used the app for my dji phantom 3 pro but havnt dared to try in on my new 4 pro -

i saw that the app is regularly updated and has compatability with the 4 pro and mavic,

looking forward to hearing more >
2017-1-30
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I used it a few times, quite different than GO. I used it for panorama only to find out that I can do just as well, and faster manually. Now I am playing with VR. I am not into flying missions yet, so at this point GO is just fine for me. I have not found anything that litchi has, that I care about enough, to take over from GO - but IT IS a great app, and I am not sorry I bought it! I am sure it will come in handy now and then!
2017-1-30
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
United States

Here's the link to the video from the flight...unedited. sorry for that...https://youtu.be/GAZegi0gkuE
2017-1-30
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

I am going to have to go to Litchi as DJI apparently could care less that their own app is defective and causing flyaways
2017-1-30
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
United States

I modified my first mission and extended the range. I also installed an ARKtek antenna booster kit on my RC last night. I flew the longer route this morning and around 1680 feet away with an altitude of around 30 feet I lost signal. The mission continued and 30 seconds or so I regained signal. My guess is that I lost the signal is because of the altitude being so low. I'll post a video of the screen capture videos and provide a link. Still happy with it.
2017-1-31
Use props
RTC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20 ft
United States

All the recent fly-away incidents have left me with ZERO confidence in the DJI Go app!  I see a purchase of Litchi in the very near future.
2017-1-31
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

I use the Litchi app with my Phantom 3 Standard to fly waypoint missions.  The first flight was a bit nerve wracking since I lost signal but I'm happy to report that it flew the mission and came home safely.  One of the things that I really like about it is how smooth the camera transitions are when you setup up points of interest (POI) to control the gimbal.  I've also played around with tracking and follow me (which seems to never work for me with the Go App) and they worked fine.

Here is a link to the post that has my first waypoint mission I filmed:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-82834-1-1.html

-Dan
2017-1-31
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

DJI Go = Broken every other release.

Litchi = Just plains works, and works right.
2017-1-31
Use props
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

RTC Posted at 2017-1-31 10:08
All the recent fly-away incidents have left me with ZERO confidence in the DJI Go app!  I see a purchase of Litchi in the very near future.

I was looking at all these apps and then wondering how expensive this Litchi app is. Lol people are talking like it is $220 and not $22.

2017-1-31
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Visalia Califor Posted at 2017-1-31 10:22
I was looking at all these apps and then wondering how expensive this Litchi app is. Lol people are talking like it is $220 and not $22.

Considering the price that some of the drones are, the $24.95 for Litchi is not much to pay for stability and some great functionality
2017-1-31
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
United States

drb1215 Posted at 2017-1-31 10:12
I use the Litchi app with my Phantom 3 Standard to fly waypoint missions.  The first flight was a bit nerve wracking since I lost signal but I'm happy to report that it flew the mission and came home safely.  One of the things that I really like about it is how smooth the camera transitions are when you setup up points of interest (POI) to control the gimbal.  I've also played around with tracking and follow me (which seems to never work for me with the Go App) and they worked fine.

Here is a link to the post that has my first waypoint mission I filmed:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-82834-1-1.html

Really nice Dan. that's what I like the most about it as well, the smoothness of the video and the flight. I find it really nice to be able to plan out the route, speed, altitude and everything else in advance and then just execute it and sit back and watch it go.  kind of like driving a car with cruise control versus not having it.
2017-1-31
Use props
Ethan_cairns
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi , I fly a Phantom 3 Standard and Litchi is amazing for mission flights and general flying  I also seem to get a better reception , radio and video although I am using home made windsurfer and the power max mod. Here's a link to a mission I flew on Sunday covering 27121 feet 9288 feet furthest distance from home  In Edinburgh, Scotland, Even got a great view of the Royal Yauht Brittania.

2017-1-31
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
United States

Super cool Ethan!
2017-1-31
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
United States

This is the link to the second flight. I forgot to start the camera and the screen capture got saved in the wrong orientation.  Grrrrr.

https://youtu.be/uS662a96uUE
2017-1-31
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Jasonstarbird Posted at 2017-1-31 17:58
This is the link to the second flight. I forgot to start the camera and the screen capture got saved in the wrong orientation.  Grrrrr.

Hi jasonstarbird - You can embed your YouTube videos by selecting the text for your YouTube link and clicking "Add Link".  It will come out looking like this:

2017-2-1
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
United States

drb1215 Posted at 2017-2-1 06:50
Hi jasonstarbird - You can embed your YouTube videos by selecting the text for your YouTube link and clicking "Add Link".  It will come out looking like this:

ahhhh, thanks! that will be much nicer!
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

That is some nice footage, but I have heard that someone crashed there drone because of litchi software.
2017-2-1
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-1 18:35
That is some nice footage, but I have heard that someone crashed there drone because of litchi software.

I heard people crashed their drones due to a number of reasons.
I crashed at low height after a prop came off. Whose fault is that? Mine.
Luckily hit a tea hedge as was flying over a tea farm.
2017-2-1
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
United States

So, I have yet another one. this time I have some good lessons learned and some observations. as a side note, i'm still learning how to use my video editing software (Powerdirector 15 Deluxe) but I think my videos are slowly getting better! thanks to all who can bear to watch them...this is my best one yet! LOL

2017-2-1
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Netherlands

Ethan_cairns Posted at 2017-1-31 13:51
Hi , I fly a Phantom 3 Standard and Litchi is amazing for mission flights and general flying  I also seem to get a better reception , radio and video although I am using home made windsurfer and the power max mod. Here's a link to a mission I flew on Sunday covering 27121 feet 9288 feet furthest distance from home  In Edinburgh, Scotland, Even got a great view of the Royal Yauht Brittania.
https://youtu.be/KyNdOhs6yec

Hi Ethan,

How did you shoot 1080P at 60fps with the Standard? Or is this a mistake youtube made? Since it plays at 1080P 60 fps

Thanks!
2017-2-2
Use props
Ethan_cairns
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi nightingale , I think that must have happened in the video editing software it was originaly recorded in the phantom 3 standard 2.7k
2017-2-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Jasonstarbird Posted at 2017-2-1 22:18
So, I have yet another one. this time I have some good lessons learned and some observations. as a side note, i'm still learning how to use my video editing software (Powerdirector 15 Deluxe) but I think my videos are slowly getting better! thanks to all who can bear to watch them...this is my best one yet! LOL

Litchi Test Flight 3

Here was my first mission with Litchi. I flew this in the daylight and made a couple adjustments, then ran it at night over the river where I live.
Lost signal a time or two because of somewhat low altitude from where I was ,so the video feed kind of came and went. But I new it would complete the mission!  
It was pitch black out and I am still learning with the camera settings. Some of the light are probably a bit too bright, but I was happy with the outcome.

2017-2-2
Use props
Ethan_cairns
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I feel the best way to do a Litchi mission is to just put 1 together on the litchi hub . but do it high. higher than anything remotely close. Go home have a good look at the angles of the camera and the bird itself. Then start altering them. I was very lucky that just on the second run it came together quite well, but I had flown on separate days taking height considerations into consideration. From everything i've  read almost all Litchi missions that have failed , Have been down to pilot error, maybe 2% to failure of the tech, which would have happened regardless of litchi mission or just plain flying in circles. Doing your homework is paramount for success. In no way am I saying I'm an expert , as I'm far from that.  Hers another I done over water to Cramond Island and Ichmickery island in the Firth Of Fourth Scotland, Not the best Weather. But look out for the seals at the back of second island.

2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules