18547 12 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KENSY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10696 ft
United States

Hi All,

New here to DJI, but not new to flying. I have seen ads for batteries for the phantom that state "not coded" etc. A flag is rasied by me on this. Has anyone had experience with using these? or should I stay with Genuine DJI batteries. Also I am not familiar wirth the term "not coded". Any insight will be appreciated.
Thanks
2017-1-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The DJI intelligent batteries have a processor inside and the aircraft can interrogate it. If it is a counterfeit battery, it does not return the correct data code and the aircraft will refuse to start up. Do you really want to trust your precious aircraft to dodgy batteries?
2017-1-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, a recent firmware code addition, nullifies most inferior third party flight packs.

Buy authentic OEM DJI intelligent flight batteries, only. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-30
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

don't risk an expensive aircraft by buying cheaper batterie, it's just not worth it! If u r patient, u can buy dji for $100, say u save additional $40 at most on 3rd party... not worth it. I got 4 batteries, the most expensive i got was $104 shipped.
2017-1-30
Use props
KENSY
lvl.2
United States

Thank you all. I will use the genuine DJI batteries. And if i didn't the warranty would probably be void. I have  a yuneec typhoon H with real sense and I only use yuneec batteries, have 4 of them. I will look for DJI batteries and take the advice . thanks Again!
2017-1-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KENSY Posted at 2017-1-30 15:33
Thank you all. I will use the genuine DJI batteries. And if i didn't the warranty would probably be void. I have  a yuneec typhoon H with real sense and I only use yuneec batteries, have 4 of them. I will look for DJI batteries and take the advice . thanks Again!

As with anything electronic. Better to be safe than sorry. ;-)

Yes, be smart, use only DJI OEM intelligent flight packs...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-30
Use props
KENSY
lvl.2
United States

Hello RedHotPoker,

Took your advice (glad I did) and purchased a GENUINE DJI Battery. It took some doing and here is why. I like yourself like to save money so I looked on EBAY and found a genuine P3 Battery for $38.00 but coming from china and about a month and a half before delivery. What the heck, I am protected by Ebay and Paypal and it shows "GENUINE DJI BATTERY", I made the purchase, and thought that was it. About 3 days later I get a refund to my pay pal account that the order was cancelled by seller. Checked it out and found that this seller was doing that to a lot of buyers with NO EXPLAINATION!. I am thinking this was a phishing type of scam to see if people pay with other than PAY PAL etc. So on to the next purchase. Bought a P3 also from EBAY GENUINE DJI BATTERY, paid for it and it was delivered in 3 days. cool right?, opened the package and a genuine NEW DJI battery in factory sealed box, but it's for a Phantom 2. Contacted the seller and he apologized and with in the hour refunded my full purchase including shipping and told me to keep the battery did not want it returned, even though I asked him to send me a label and would send it back, "no keep it and you have my permission to do with it as you please", and said he didn't want to waste any more of my time. Again on EBAY for $99.66 finally got the Genuine DJI P3 battery delivered and all is well, factory sealed genuine. 3 times a charm so to speak. Yes only the genuine batteries I will use. Don't know if I can post sellers name here but he is worth it. Battery works fine and had 0 times charged, I charged it to 3 bars just to try it. All cells even, very happy. I have a Yuneec Typhoon H and I bought 3 batteries (genuine) and was very happy with those sellers as well. Just wanted to pass this along. You are an asset to this Forum! Thank You!
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

KENSY Posted at 2017-2-16 17:30
Hello RedHotPoker,

Took your advice (glad I did) and purchased a GENUINE DJI Battery. It took some doing and here is why. I like yourself like to save money so I looked on EBAY and found a genuine P3 Battery for $38.00 but coming from china and about a month and a half before delivery. What the heck, I am protected by Ebay and Paypal and it shows "GENUINE DJI BATTERY", I made the purchase, and thought that was it. About 3 days later I get a refund to my pay pal account that the order was cancelled by seller. Checked it out and found that this seller was doing that to a lot of buyers with NO EXPLAINATION!. I am thinking this was a phishing type of scam to see if people pay with other than PAY PAL etc. So on to the next purchase. Bought a P3 also from EBAY GENUINE DJI BATTERY, paid for it and it was delivered in 3 days. cool right?, opened the package and a genuine NEW DJI battery in factory sealed box, but it's for a Phantom 2. Contacted the seller and he apologized and with in the hour refunded my full purchase including shipping and told me to keep the battery did not want it returned, even though I asked him to send me a label and would send it back, "no keep it and you have my permission to do with it as you please", and said he didn't want to waste any more of my time. Again on EBAY for $99.66 finally got the Genuine DJI P3 battery delivered and all is well, factory sealed genuine. 3 times a charm so to speak. Yes only the genuine batteries I will use. Don't know if I can post sellers name here but he is worth it. Battery works fine and had 0 times charged, I charged it to 3 bars just to try it. All cells even, very happy. I have a Yuneec Typhoon H and I bought 3 batteries (genuine) and was very happy with those sellers as well. Just wanted to pass this along. You are an asset to this Forum! Thank You!

There are tons of fake/ after-market P3 batteries on EBay, just be ready to receive a fake one and dispute it. You can post photos onto the forum after you receive them and people can tell if it's genuine or not.
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hello RedHotPoker,

Yes, you are  wise to not buy an unknown brand of intelligent flight battery.

There are plenty of ways to save money, but unfortunately this isn't one of them.

The OEM DJI batteries are rather pricey, for good reason, there is a lot of technology packed into them.
There is no way to judge an inferior battery, Except buying it, but then if anything unfortold happens, the bad outcome is on you, so it's always been advised to use only the preferred brand, DJI.

In other RC models, it can be great to experiment and try different brands, but in the case of the intelligent flight battery, thst concept is strongly advised against, wisely suggested to avoid.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone can say "GENUINE DJI Battery", See what I mean...I just said it. If you don't purchase your battery from a DJI dealer or from the DJI store you have new clue what you will get!!!! If it sounds tooooo good (GENUINE DJI Battery for $80.00, etc.) you are not getting a DJI battery no matter what pictures are associated with the advertisement! Don't be a knucklehead and fall for the scam.   I've got a 24k gold plated ultra one of a kind genuine DJI Phantom 76 Platinum 15K camera w/ 4D gimbal  for sale! Just pay me $1000.00 USD and $396.78 USD for shipping and handling to me. Delivers in 1hour anywhere!
2017-2-17
Use props
KENSY
lvl.2
United States

LOL ! I understand what you're saying. But when they say "GENUINE DJI PHANTOM 3 BATTERY", that puts me in a perfect position to open a claim with EBAY and PAYPAL if in fact it is not when received. The Battery I received is a genuine DJI Phantom 3 Battery, in a DJI box with the DJI paper work etc. Bottom line...if they say it's a genuine DJI battery it better be when I get it. I am very careful about this, if they document it's DJI and not "for or compatible with Phantom 3" I won't even consider it. Thanks for all the help, I trust the forum members here.
2017-2-17
Use props
djiuser_vSybt0b
lvl.1

United States

Hello RedHotPoker,

Where the hell do you think you could ever buy a dji battery for 38&??
Dji is a Chinese company and their batteries are 170 most places??

The aftermarket batteries work fine, I’ve been using them for 2 years now never a glitch!! Use your commo. Science please
2017-12-2
Use props
John Kean
lvl.1

Cyprus

Dear Sir/Madam
I purchased a drone (Mavic Pro Platinum) as a gift and after 2 uses it has sea water splash damage.  All I have left are the 2 spare batteries as I cannot afford repair at €900.  I wondered if anyone can tell me if I can use these batteries on another dji cheaper drone or from a different company?   
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules