Video vs Photo Focus Inconsistencies
709 3 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K47
New

Australia

I've finally had a chance to get my hands on a Mavic and take it up for a few flights, but i'm having issues with focussing due to inconsistencies on with what is being displayed on screen.

Could anyone explain (or has anyone experienced) why when i'm in Photo mode the vision never looks in focus on the screen (iPad Mini2). It's out of focuss no matter what part of the view i try and focus on. Even if i use the Centre Focus button on the remote it's remains really blurry.

Much to my surprise, some of the shots i've taken despite looking blurry on screen when taken have been fine when downloaded on the computer, whilst others have remained blurry. So it's kind of luck of the draw if i get a good shot or not - I've attached an example of each.

BUT i don't see the same issue when in Video mode. Soon as i toggle to video mode, the screen displays as you would expect and can clearly see the focus.

I've searched the web and this forum, but can't find any similar questions / observations.
Have i missed something? Is there a way for infiinity focus?

16409603_10154555893546971_1429111180_o.jpg
DJI_0018-v.jpg
2017-1-30
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I tried several times and then gave up on the infinity focus. It keeps saying you need to calibrate infinity focus click here than it says to start you need to focus on an object 165 feet away but no matter where I focus it keep saying is NOT far enough you need to focus on an object 165 feet away.    {:4_157:}
2017-1-30
Use props
colvill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59423 ft
Australia

You're in Wollongong, nice place to fly. I'm just up the hill in Mittagong.

My Auto focus is very crisp in both Video and Photo. Most of the time it focuses itself but you need to give it time to settle on a point. Tap to focus works well too.

There is a manual focus setting where you can use a wheel to dial in Infinity. You need to turn on MF somewhere in the settings somewhere.
2017-1-30
Use props
K47
New

Australia

Thanks, i'll give Manual another try.

Yeah, Wollongong looks pretty decent from the air
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules