Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spots in pictures
1636 16 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have shot over 3,000 pictures and videos with no problems until 2 days ago when started to get these spots, speckles, sparkles, etc in pictures and videos when shooting in 4K. I checked in other resolutions and they are still there. Here's Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/l67rgg1u1nmenqz/DJI_0392.JPG?dl=0
2017-1-30
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is weird...Never seen this before!!! It looks like when you enlarege the picture to 200% or 300% you will get this fragmentationbut it seems the frragmentation is in certain areas?

Also are these from the SD card or you uploaded them from your computer?
2017-1-30
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

They were on the SD card like this when I uploaded them to the computer.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

This seems like this picture went through post, do you have the original file? Is this happening in JPG, RAW or both?
2017-1-30
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

The speckles here are not single pixels like you usually get with corrupted files, here they are small spots that is embedded in the photo. The spots have a halo around them from a sharpening effect, so something with post processing is happening. I can only see the Dropbox file, is that the actual file from the SD card?

If it is I think this is a raw sensor error that passes the image forward through the drone's internal processing. Probably have to be replaced.
2017-1-30
Use props
mike402
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I have had the same problem on my P3P. The spots are there before any processing, but are apparently not there all over the picture, nor indeed on every image. I have not been able to find a solution either. I use a top quality Lexar card, and I shoot away from electrical interference. I make sure that the lens is free of dust too. Some suggestions have been put forward that it is a result of teh ribbon cable not being seated correctly. looking at your image it seems much less random than that.
2017-1-31
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The picture is the original JPG file from the SD card. Since it started the spots are on the majority of the files, mostly in the darker areas of the pictures. I cleaned the lens and I have taken 100s of pictures in this location around and above my home. I'm thinking it's a processing error in the drone and have sent file to support to see what they say, but no reply yet. After reading above posts, I went out and took more pictures in both RAW and JPG formats as well as another MP4 movie and have uploaded them into this Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0n8rf ... LlYAr5YF7QslCa?dl=0 and as can be seen the spots are not as prominent on the RAW files but are on both the JPG and MP4 files, which in my mind confirms it might be a processing error in the P4.  I also used a different SD card and had same spot in both video and pictures.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mike402 Posted at 2017-1-31 05:38
I have had the same problem on my P3P. The spots are there before any processing, but are apparently not there all over the picture, nor indeed on every image. I have not been able to find a solution either. I use a top quality Lexar card, and I shoot away from electrical interference. I make sure that the lens is free of dust too. Some suggestions have been put forward that it is a result of teh ribbon cable not being seated correctly. looking at your image it seems much less random than that.

Could you please upload some original images to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2017-1-31 06:52
The picture is the original JPG file from the SD card. Since it started the spots are on the majority of the files, mostly in the darker areas of the pictures. I cleaned the lens and I have taken 100s of pictures in this location around and above my home. I'm thinking it's a processing error in the drone and have sent file to support to see what they say, but no reply yet. After reading above posts, I went out and took more pictures in both RAW and JPG formats as well as another MP4 movie and have uploaded them into this Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0n8rf ... LlYAr5YF7QslCa?dl=0 and as can be seen the spots are not as prominent on the RAW files but are on both the JPG and MP4 files, which in my mind confirms it might be a processing error in the P4.  I also used a different SD card and had same spot in both video and pictures.

Did you get some reply from our tech support?
2017-2-6
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 03:33

Sorry about the lack of reply Mindy, been seriously ill for quite a while. Only just now becoming functional again. I did upload pictures and did receive a reply thank you. The reply was of no value whatsoever, simply suggesting that I should use better quality pictures and process the images differently.
I have availabel to me most of the worlds top processing software and twenty years experience with PS and as a professional photographer. Thus I well understand about image quality. My suggestion that it may have been inherrent within the drone itself was not picked up on,d espite there being a number of other , documented recordigns of the phenomena. I was able to do a little more experimetnign before falling ill and I am beginning to suspect that the problem may hinge around exposure. I only shoot RAW and rarely if ever, moving images. I am finding the spots only only high rightness parts of the image, the sky for example, and cannot find them at all on lesser areas like grass, despite a very close look. If illness and the British weather permit I will investigate further as soon as I can, and of course post the results here.
Please may I also emphasise that this is not menat to be a criticsim of the product, it is meant to be constructive. It has enabled me to expand my photographiic and other horizons, which is especially welcome at a time when I am losing the ability to walk. I am hoping to introduce it to many other chair bound disabled people to let them enjoy the freedom it can offer.
2017-2-6
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2017-2-6 04:43
Sorry about the lack of reply Mindy, been seriously ill for quite a while. Only just now becoming functional again. I did upload pictures and did receive a reply thank you. The reply was of no value whatsoever, simply suggesting that I should use better quality pictures and process the images differently.
I have availabel to me most of the worlds top processing software and twenty years experience with PS and as a professional photographer. Thus I well understand about image quality. My suggestion that it may have been inherrent within the drone itself was not picked up on,d espite there being a number of other , documented recordigns of the phenomena. I was able to do a little more experimetnign before falling ill and I am beginning to suspect that the problem may hinge around exposure. I only shoot RAW and rarely if ever, moving images. I am finding the spots only only high rightness parts of the image, the sky for example, and cannot find them at all on lesser areas like grass, despite a very close look. If illness and the British weather permit I will investigate further as soon as I can, and of course post the results here.
Please may I also emphasise that this is not menat to be a criticsim of the product, it is meant to be constructive. It has enabled me to expand my photographiic and other horizons, which is especially welcome at a time when I am losing the ability to walk. I am hoping to introduce it to many other chair bound disabled people to let them enjoy the freedom it can offer.

Just goes to show. That was a reply to the wrong email. Apologies to all concerned. I should have been on another site. I shall leave doing any more until I am fully well I think.
2017-2-6
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Looks like the spots are on the sensor. Has the camera been apart to where contamination could have gotten in?  Either that or there was some debris in the camera housing when assembled and the jostling around caused it to land on the sensor. Just a thought, but I have seen similar with my DSLR.  

Also, if you compare multiple images are the spots in the same location?  If so, there is the possibility of dead pixels.
2017-2-6
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I noticed that it seems to happen when gimbal moves. Also see gimbal seems jerky too.I
Get this type of pixilation If my gimbal moves too fast.
2017-2-6
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 03:33

Mindy I have not heard from support yet, just sent them another msg. Case number is 413446.
2017-2-8
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2017-2-8 09:50
Mindy I have not heard from support yet, just sent them another msg. Case number is 413446.

Mindy, update. I finally got case working after going thru support chat so unit on the way for repair shortly.
2017-2-8
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2017-2-8 16:20
Mindy, update. I finally got case working after going thru support chat so unit on the way for repair shortly.

How did the repair turn out for you?

I actually noticed white speckles in the sky on my own photos now. At first I thought they were just birds far away. They are dead pixels on the image sensor because they have at static pattern that is the same on every photo, so it's not noise.

They are not that noticable unless you zoom in in RAW post production so I'm not sure it's worth for me to hassle with a repair. It's a bit annoying though. Hope it doesnt't get worse.
2017-3-13
Use props
user744e074e9e
New
Flight distance : 266050 ft
Australia

Since the latest firmware update I'm getting all sorts of noise and pixilation issues in both still images and video.

Still image

Still image

frame grab 1

frame grab 1

frame grab 2

frame grab 2

frame grab 3

frame grab 3
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now