Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem: DJI Go and DJI Go 4 are both eating up gigs of harddrive.
1572 10 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I've mentioned this before, but it's getting to be a problem.

DJI Go and DJI Go 4 are both a few hundred megabytes. However, the longer they're on my iPhone, the more space they take up. Right now, they take up a combined 4.5GB, leaving very little space for anything else.

The only solution I know of is to delete them and reinstall them. I've already done this before a couple of times. So it seems that I'll have to delete both apps and reinstall them about once a month to keep them from eating up all the space on my iPhone.

Devs, please ask the DJI Go team to fix this.

Thank you.
2017-1-30
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

are you doing a lot of flights,   and   its the  video's flt logs  filling it up?   if it is,  I think you can empty cash after you sync,  and think you can limit for how long they are saved,  this may not be the issue at all,  but  I know   5 or 8 20 minute flights can be a lot of space,,,
2017-1-30
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you may need to check your app's settings for the amount of space that you are giving the app to "cache" the flight logs and records as well as video of flight.  That may be you issue?
2017-1-30
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

How do you clear the cache?
2017-1-30
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Same place you select the maximum size there is also an option to clear the cache...
2017-1-31
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

As said, the app keeps storing a small resolution sample of your videos. That's why it eats up space. I believe there's an option to disable this, and there must be another one to cleanup the old files you don't want anymore!
2017-1-31
Use props
Egika
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379593 ft

Japan

Pretty straight forward settings in the app. Check the screenshot
IMG_9700.PNG
2017-1-31
Use props
Pollockdog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71847 ft
United States

If you just want to clear the cache on your phone open the Go App, click Me --> Settings --> Clear Cache.  Then you have the option to clear exactly what you want -- Video, Photo, Documentation or Firmware Update Package.
2017-1-31
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Egika Posted at 2017-1-31 03:27
Pretty straight forward settings in the app. Check the screenshot

I already looked for that, but "Clear Video Cache" wasn't there.  "Clear Flight Logs" was there instead.

Perhaps it's because I don't have the phone connected to the Mavic right now. That would be strange, but it is possible. I'll try again later when I can fly the Mavic a little.
2017-1-31
Use props
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

go to 'me'--'setting'--'clear cache' in the app homepage
2017-1-31
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Webassign Posted at 2017-1-31 08:20
go to 'me'--'setting'--'clear cache' in the app homepage

Thank you. That worked.

Still, I think there needs to be an option smaller than 2GB.
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules