Phone keeps losing wifi connection with RC
3012 9 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfc32c42f
lvl.2
United States

New to drones so apologies if this is been answered.

I have a P3S and am trying to use my Kyocera duraforce phone with it.  I know it is not a supported phone but I only have one problem.
I've upgraded the firmware on the drone and am using the 2.9.1 dgi go version because of all the problem I read with the new go version.

Go loads normally and I can connect with the RC as normal.  Everything works fine for a few minutes and then it loses the wifi connection.  Will not refresh.
I can go to my wifi settings and reconnect and again everything works fine for a few minutes and then it disconnects.  I've flown the drone and everything works
fine and I can reconnect the wifi during flight with no problem but it keeps disconnecting.  I've put the phone in airplane mode, turned off Bluetooth etc . . .
but the problem continues.

I have used my wife's I phone and I pad mini2 without similar problems.

Seems like there is a setting on my phone that is causing the problem but . . .

Anyone had a similar issue?

P.S. Android version 5.1.1
2017-1-30
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

You might try "forgetting" your main WI-FI connection, what I mean is your most commonly used connection.  I am thinking there is a service, function  or APP on your phone that is taking control of the WI-FI to update, sync or refresh its self and it is using your regular WI-FI so it disconnects from the DJI and connects to your regular network.
2017-1-30
Use props
fansfc32c42f
lvl.2
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-1-30 19:43
You might try "forgetting" your main WI-FI connection, what I mean is your most commonly used connection.  I am thinking there is a service, function  or APP on your phone that is taking control of the WI-FI to update, sync or refresh its self and it is using your regular WI-FI so it disconnects from the DJI and connects to your regular network.

Thanks for the reply JackA but no joy.  Just keeps saying "No internet access detected, won't automatically reconnect."
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansfc32c42f Posted at 2017-1-30 19:50
Thanks for the reply JackA but no joy.  Just keeps saying "No internet access detected, won't automatically reconnect."

Hello, Phantom wifi do not have internet access.
Have you tried to reset the wifi?
2017-2-6
Use props
KTB
lvl.2
United States

If you mean resetting the wifi connection from the app to the drone after forgetting our home wifi the answer is yes.  Still loses connection after a few minutes.
2017-2-7
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

KTB Posted at 2017-2-7 16:28
If you mean resetting the wifi connection from the app to the drone after forgetting our home wifi the answer is yes.  Still loses connection after a few minutes.

You say, lose connection? What's the message your getting? "No signal",  "No internet" or "Disconnected"?
Also do you have any third party app that scans for wifi, or  acts as a battery saver?
2017-2-7
Use props
KTB
lvl.2
United States

Message is disconnected.  No third party apps.  Battery saver in usage manager is turned off.  I've also turned off the automatic scan for ATT networks.
2017-2-7
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

In your original post you said you have the phone in "airplane mode"  " I've put the phone in airplane mode, turned off Bluetooth etc . . . but the problem continues."  I think on most phones the airplane mode impacts cellular, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios.  From a descriptive web page:  " Wi-Fi: Your phone will stop scanning for nearby Wi-Fi networks and attempting to join them. If you’re already connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll be disconnected."  Have you tried turning airplane mode OFF?
2017-2-7
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-7 19:08
In your original post you said you have the phone in "airplane mode"  " I've put the phone in airplane mode, turned off Bluetooth etc . . . but the problem continues."  I think on most phones the airplane mode impacts cellular, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios.  From a descriptive web page:  " Wi-Fi: Your phone will stop scanning for nearby Wi-Fi networks and attempting to join them. If you’re already connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll be disconnected."  Have you tried turning airplane mode OFF?

Or think you can also turn wifi back on selectively, after turning on airplane mode. Personally I always use a dedicated device (no sim card), eliminating the need for airplane mode.
2017-2-7
Use props
KTB
lvl.2
United States

I've tried turning the airplane mode on and off.  If it is on I make sure the wifi is still on.  Yesterday inherited an IPad mini 2 so I may just forget about using this phone and use the ipad for my dedicated device.  Thanks for all your input.
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules