Maybe motors burned out?
643 5 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackson01
New

Australia

Hi All
Pretty new to this, i had my Mavic out for about the 4th time and on a take of the back two props hit the grass causing it to kick back and i guess the back motors just spun for maybe 5 seconds until i shut it off. Now when i go to start it up the front motors will spin but the back two only spin once or twice and then it say"motor obstructed warning" and just stops.

Any advice on this as i am hoping i have not cooked the motors and its just something stuiped i am missing!!

Cheers For any help
2017-1-30
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

When the props got kicked off, did the plastic locking tabs break off? Could there be bits of plastic stuck inside the motors?
2017-1-30
Use props
Jackson01
New

Australia

The props never came off and they dont have a mark on them. It was a all really quite gentle.
The motors spin fine if the props are off and it will go as normal its only when i put the props on it does this now
2017-1-30
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Jackson01 Posted at 2017-1-30 23:42
The props never came off and they dont have a mark on them. It was a all really quite gentle.
The motors spin fine if the props are off and it will go as normal its only when i put the props on it does this now

Have you tried switching your back and front props to see if there's an issue with the props themselves?
2017-1-31
Use props
Jackson01
New

Australia

Yes, even though they looked perfect i still swapped them for some new ones. One if the mitors did smell a little and was quite hot but not so hot i thought it would have cooked it.
2017-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jackson01 Posted at 2017-1-30 23:42

You obviously have a problem with your motors, I suspect caused by what happened, the motors are driven by ESC chips which are controlled by IMU , if wires have become dislodged because of your accident then they may need to be checked, but first I would check movement in the motors simple just checking them against the ones that are working ok, just simply turning them by hand.

You may have some grit or grass trapped inside the motors, if you are inclined to check this by stripping down the motors you can, if not I would just send it in for repair.

You don't want to take to the sky with dodgy motors until they are thoroughly checked.
Good luck..
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules