New Mavic Combo - 2 hour experience - NO ISSUES AT ALL
764 11 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Ordered my Mavic on Jan. 12th. directly from dji.com Received it (DHL) in the Netherlands on Friday 27th.

- well packed in one box, no issues
- all the seals were there
- all the protection stuff was still on the gimbal
- all recent software was already installed

Started to charge the three batteries and the remote during the night.

- first flight Satrurday morning
- started up, no problems
- take off after one minute
- played with the Mavic and the remote within 20 meter during 20 minutes
- second battery: further away, higher etc. etc.
- third battery: tried some different flight modes

Not one problems at all.

2017-1-31
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

This post is against forum rules, you are only allowed to moan and groan on here....
2017-1-31
Use props
colvill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59423 ft
Australia

Great to hear. I have had a similar experience. It would be fantastic if DJI could move their quality contort to a point where everyone was as lucky.
2017-1-31
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

What is it with these positive comments? People will have nothing to complain about!
2017-1-31
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is good news for me, hopefully. Will be opening mine on Friday and hoping I have the same experience. Need to get the rest of the horrible delivery experience and additional £200 price tag out of my mouth (threw in some bitterness to keep in with the rest of the forum)
2017-1-31
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 716572 ft
United States

Camera sharp all over the frame? Try in photo mode, if yes you are lucky. Have fun with it.
2017-1-31
Use props
Frits48
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

Close to 100 rock-solid flights here. Mostly in Canada, some in the US.
Accomplished photographer but new to video, needed to climb the learning curve on that! I have a pretty good grip on it now and get great footage (art profile, process in DaVinci Resolve).
Stuck in dull winter conditions I can't wait for spring and some colors!
Love my Mavic, it rocks!
2017-1-31
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

gnom Posted at 2017-1-31 03:05
Camera sharp all over the frame? Try in photo mode, if yes you are lucky. Have fun with it.

I took some photos and video and edited them on my iMac (5K Retina). Awesome. Just forget about 1080 / 60. It's terrible. The 4k is awesome.

Photo's are superb. Doubt about the right ISO and working with the right filters (Cinema) from Polarpro. I Need some time to sort this out. Again, I'm positive. Looking forward to spring and colors!

I will take the Mavic to Florida this March. Registered the Mavic with the FAA. 5 bucks for two years.
2017-1-31
Use props
fans3509fdbd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I wish I had your luck, my rear motor started smoking on startup, I fly heavy lift x8's and have never seen a motor burn up on startup. Maybe I got a Monday or Friday build,
2017-1-31
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Sorry to hear. I agree there are a lot of problems.
2017-1-31
Use props
Irish
lvl.2

United States

Great to hear about your experience.  I had a similar positive experience purchasing and flying my Mavic

When you stay in this forum too long you can't help but worry and feel anxious about receiving a Mavic or even flying it..
2017-1-31
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

I'll put my 3 cents here - up till now only problems I've seen were video stability/quality (wavey picture etc) but if I left the Mavic to cool down enough it all went away - so it's the temperature (between 0degC and -20degC). I'm hopeful all will be ok with warm weather. Otherwise - it's a blast - I love it :-D
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules