4-5 Second Video Lag
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I, as do other people on here, have an intermittent issue with a video lag (of around 4-5 seconds ish) which can be temporarily resolved by disconnecting and reconnecting one of the cables to the gimbal. The attached image shows the port which needs re-seating.

Has any one got to the bottom of what is causing this; is it caused by a faulty cable, faulty connector on circuit board or some sort of static build up or something else?!

My Phantom is a year old this April and I'd like to know if the problem is likely to be associated with the camera or craft. I understand that the camera only has 6 month warranty and suspect it won't be reapired for free if DJI consider this part causing the problem.

I know it's hard to diagnose without seeing the drone in the workshop but could a moderator advise whether or not this problem would be covered under warranty. As it is an intermittent problem I'm concerned that if I send it back to DJI it may appear to be ok and they'll send it straight back.

I can live with re-seating the cable myself but since I've gained by CAA permission I am looking at upgrading to an Inspire and I don't want to sell the P3A knowing it has a problem.

Dave

index.jpg
2017-1-31
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dave,

I have exactly the same issue and I temporarily fix it with the same method as you do (re-plugging cable).  I also went through the procedure yesterday to add thermal pads to the gimbal board as suggested in another post.  Initially it seems to work, but then this morning again I had the same lag problem.   I keep hoping that a firmware update will fix it, but my hope is slowly diminishing!  What firmware and RC version are you on?  

My cable seats correctly and I am positive it is not working loose.  I would just love to know what the unplug actually resets in the gimbal.

So frustrating!!

Stu
2017-2-19
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you buy new cables though...does that mean taking the drone apart to fit them?

2017-2-26
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-26 10:15
I don't think so, the cable that I need to re-seat plugs into the socket which is external on the drone.

Ah yes I see.  Would be great if you could let me know if it sorts the problem.

Thanks.
2017-2-27
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-3-5 10:42
Well,.............the image transmission fault has returned. Looks like the firmware update didn't solve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFZjSPpxd0

That is a shame Dave especially as you took the trouble and hassle of sending it back to a service centre!

Are you going to try replacing the cables now?
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules