Above the clouds
2561 39 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

This is my first short Mavic Pro video, I would love some feedback. Settings used: 4K, PAL, 24fps, Edited in Fcx. Almost everything shot in Cinelike. In the first scene I was 500 meters up - a bit scary!
Any suggestions to get a more professional look is very much appreciated!

2017-1-31
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

Looks beautiful, color and lighting looks great. I use the same settings myself (and almost exclusively Cinelike as well). I'll leave tips to someone else, this looks very pro to me
2017-1-31
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

grozmo Posted at 2017-1-31 03:49
Looks beautiful, color and lighting looks great. I use the same settings myself (and almost exclusively Cinelike as well). I'll leave tips to someone else, this looks very pro to me

Thanks for watching and thanks for your comment   Take care!
2017-1-31
Use props
wojdop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564469 ft
Spain

500m high? Here in Spain is illegal to go over 120m...
I like a lot the mood and the colours of the images. And the clouds from the first scene are just amazing.
2017-1-31
Use props
Cage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21191 ft
United States

Wow thats amazing!
2017-1-31
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

500m is incredible... in the U.S. we don't get to go over 120. Maybe if we find a particularly obliging airport and ask pretty please on a slow day for flights, we might get above 120m.

Thank you for posting that video. I will be saving it, since it's the first glimpse of such altitude I've seen.This is very beautiful filming. Smooth.
2017-1-31
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Great movie :-) you did it very pro for a first or 100th one - keep it up since you have the talent for it ;-)
2017-1-31
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

Broken Link? I can't see it
2017-1-31
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage and some great effects with the Mavic. Great lighting which makes for crystal clear footage
2017-1-31
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Thank you, beautiful. I couldn't stop thinking: i want to be there!! Great job.
2017-1-31
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

That's what I'm talkin bout. You have a great eye for this stuff
2017-1-31
Use props
fansbc268c42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8373 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very Beautiful, The clouds are amazing!
2017-1-31
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-31 14:18
Broken Link? I can't see it

Hey! Hm weird...Did you try it on a desktop? I have seen sometimes that the linkes dont work on mobile in this forum..
2017-2-1
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

SwedishDrone Posted at 2017-2-1 03:27
Hey! Hm weird...Did you try it on a desktop? I have seen sometimes that the linkes dont work on mobile in this forum..

Can see it now, it must had been the mobile phone browser! Maybe the browser vimeo uses is not compatible with them!

Cool video by the way!
2017-2-1
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

fansbc268c42 Posted at 2017-1-31 22:56
Very Beautiful, The clouds are amazing!

Thanks ! Glad you liked it!
2017-2-1
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-31 16:00
That's what I'm talkin bout. You have a great eye for this stuff

That is very kind of you! Love the Mavic Pro!
2017-2-1
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-31 15:21
Thank you, beautiful. I couldn't stop thinking: i want to be there!! Great job.

Thank you Maclak!
2017-2-1
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

A1000 Posted at 2017-1-31 15:09
Beautiful footage and some great effects with the Mavic. Great lighting which makes for crystal clear footage

Thanks for you comment! Much appreciated!
2017-2-1
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-1-31 14:03
Great movie :-) you did it very pro for a first or 100th one - keep it up since you have the talent for it ;-)

Ha! Thanks for you feedback!
2017-2-1
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Awesome! And since it wasnt in the USA, the usual Airholes on here cant come in here whining about the FAA. LOL
2017-2-1
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-1 10:18
Awesome! And since it wasnt in the USA, the usual Airholes on here cant come in here whining about the FAA. LOL

Don't jinx it now we need more Scandy landscapes by the way.
2017-2-1
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Beatiful video. Jus wanna say 120 meter is the max altitude limit i Sweden as in most Europe. Pleas obey the law. Its in fact not even alowed to fly cameradrones i Sveden since november 2016, exept for lawinforcment purposes.  Wating for a new and more liberal law this summer.  This high altitude flight is not the best agument in the ongoing debate.
2017-2-1
Use props
ClancyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

500 Meters! That is crazy.  It's a great shot but I don't think it's worth the risk.  Great video!
2017-2-1
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

Beautiful video!! Thank you for sharing the specific settings. Fairly new Mavic owner, look forward to creating some 4K video.  
2017-2-1
Use props
dronerider
New

United States

Awesome video!!!
2017-2-1
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Be careful of temperature inversion's with going through clouds. Lovely vid...
2017-2-1
Use props
bastiseb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348986 ft
France

500 meters up is dangerous!
2017-2-2
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-2-1 14:32
Beatiful video. Jus wanna say 120 meter is the max altitude limit i Sweden as in most Europe. Pleas obey the law. Its in fact not even alowed to fly cameradrones i Sveden since november 2016, exept for lawinforcment purposes.  Wating for a new and more liberal law this summer.  This high altitude flight is not the best agument in the ongoing debate.

What makes you think this was filmed in Sweden? My Swedish nickname?
2017-2-2
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-2-1 14:32

2017-2-2
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

SMART move not revealing where your flight took place. Really keeps the Drone Police aka Airholes quiet and not yapping about FAA and other government agencies. My next high altitude flight I make above the clouds is going to take place off of a boat over international waters.
2017-2-2
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

SwedishDrone Posted at 2017-2-2 07:21

Location says Sweden and I'm sure I can hear Abba on the video
2017-2-2
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Sorry. Didn't mean to upset you. Just a friedly advise to fligh within leagal higt an in VLOS ( visual line of sight ). We dont't need negativ publisity regarding careless drone pilots. Strict regulations and maybe pilot sertificates and mandatory drone insurance are topics that many countries are  discussing  If you did fly somewhere in Erope that is.. Take car and fly safe.
2017-2-2
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Great Video! I think if you want to bring it up a notch try cutting down your shots by that I mean don't stay focused on one shot to long (in editing) faster transitions focus on the best shots and then cut to the next with the music. you probably could have shaved a minute off this and it might have had a stronger impact. Also make sure your exposures are right there were a couple times when they your highlights were a bit blown out so just dont over expose things. It's happened to me a few times too sometimes it is unavoidable... but overall I really loved your video great cloud shot and I also love the chopped logs. Keep it up man amazing first video and I hope this was helpful!
2017-2-2
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-2-2 08:30
Sorry. Didn't mean to upset you. Just a friedly advise to fligh within leagal higt an in VLOS ( visual line of sight ). We dont't need negativ publisity regarding careless drone pilots. Strict regulations and maybe pilot sertificates and mandatory drone insurance are topics that many countries are  discussing  If you did fly somewhere in Erope that is.. Take car and fly safe.

Footnote: RC aircraft have been in the air for decades. And flying outside the bounds/illegally, has occurred...and will continue to occur. And Generally speaking? As long as nothing bad happens? It goes unnoticed. (Check any # of youtube videos of RC flights over people, highways, above clouds, over active amusement park rides) and sometimes (like in this case below) applauded. Note the police WEARING the FPV goggles and APPLAUDIING this NYC flight

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2 ... ty-with-no-arrests/
2017-2-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wowwww... Just keep an eye on overexposing or cut it out..
2017-2-2
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-2-2 08:30

No worries, and I understand your concern. Thanks for clarifying. Take care buddy.
2017-2-2
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-2-2 08:01
Location says Sweden and I'm sure I can hear Abba on the video

Haha! And perhaps you saw Zlatan running around with a football?
2017-2-2
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-2-2 08:41
Great Video! I think if you want to bring it up a notch try cutting down your shots by that I mean don't stay focused on one shot to long (in editing) faster transitions focus on the best shots and then cut to the next with the music. you probably could have shaved a minute off this and it might have had a stronger impact. Also make sure your exposures are right there were a couple times when they your highlights were a bit blown out so just dont over expose things. It's happened to me a few times too sometimes it is unavoidable... but overall I really loved your video great cloud shot and I also love the chopped logs. Keep it up man amazing first video and I hope this was helpful!

Thats very good input buddy. Thanks a lot. Will try to think about this next time I make a short one (hopefully this weekend..). Appreciate it a lot! Take care!
2017-2-2
Use props
SwedishDrone
lvl.2
Sweden

dronist Posted at 2017-2-2 09:08
Wowwww... Just keep an eye on overexposing or cut it out..

Thanks for watching, and thanks for the feedback - you sure have a good point. Take care!
2017-2-2
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

SwedishDrone Posted at 2017-2-2 12:09
Thats very good input buddy. Thanks a lot. Will try to think about this next time I make a short one (hopefully this weekend..). Appreciate it a lot! Take care!

anytime man keep it up!
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules