Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro repair cost?
37786 19 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FqiyfNy5YCWT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175482 ft
Australia

Hi Guys. Unfortunately things came to a 'crashing' end the other day and my mavics gimble is pretty messed up. Specifically the camera ribbon cable snapped and one of the gimble harnesses. Here's an image here : http://imgur.com/a/nFPFC
I didn't pick up the refresh at the time as i was just unaware...
My question is, has anyone had a similar repair done and how much was it?
2017-1-31
Use props
fanscb7fec85
New

United States

Similar situation happened to by Mavik Pro. Was quoted $279 for the repair.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your crash, here is the link to send it in for repair.
I do not know the cost but I always tell people who purchase a Mavic to buy the Care Refresh as it's an extremely valuable program.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-2-1
Use props
shibby
lvl.1

Australia

this is what happened to me! did you manage to get it fixed?
2017-2-6
Use props
Essence
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15833 ft
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-1 18:43
Sorry for your crash, here is the link to send it in for repair.
I do not know the cost but I always tell people who purchase a Mavic to buy the Care Refresh as it's an extremely valuable program.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair

It is quite frustrating that DJI does not extend their CARE REFRESH to Singapore.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Essence Posted at 2017-3-14 22:46
It is quite frustrating that DJI does not extend their CARE REFRESH to Singapore.

I am sorry about that.
2017-3-15
Use props
fansbf335e3b
New
United States

DJI should have a large card explaining the refresh policy and cost.  The tiny notecard enclosed with the Mavic Pro is ridiculous as most people are more concerned with getting the UAV out of the box and figuring out how to fly.  Enclosing it with the useless "In the box" "intelligent battery" "disclaimer safety" give the connotation that it's a unimportant piece of paper.

DJI seriously needs to crack their marketing people over the head.  Either DJI doesn't want to sell this add on or they don't want people to utilize it.

2017-3-28
Use props
fansbf335e3b
New
United States

I too was unaware.  Haven't crashed yet. I am quite careful about power lines.  Appreciate that the controller lets me know when I'm too close to a airport.  We have a small strip not too far from the house used by cropdusters and I can easily see the danger of flying the Mavic Pro when the dusters are active.  I think DJI should add a secondary plan at $299 US for people who don't read the little blue notecard when they first open the box.
2017-3-28
Use props
fansf3922485
lvl.1
United States

Were you able to have your mavic repaired? How do you send it from Singapore to DJI? Do you have to declare the exact amount for custom declaration?
2017-5-17
Use props
fans7412c44a
New

United States

I was lucky. I also crashed into the side of the house, some vacuum pulled it quickly too close, nothing broke, but I kept receiving 'Gimble vibration".  Lucky there were some photos posted and explained the 'cushion'. I was able to put it back, and no more vibartion. Thanks for all the photos all of you put online...
2017-6-23
Use props
parth_jethva
New
India

i crashed my mavic into the tree & i don't have dji care refresh but my gimbal is fine but broken leg only. any guess how much will it cost & how much time the process will take? Will they replace the drone?
2017-8-7
Use props
ebaug
New

United States

My gimbal started overloading after a recent update.  I calibrated the gimbal per DJI but that didn't work so I had to send it to them (DJI) They received my Mavic the other day and informed me that two motors had to be replaced along with the gimbal.  If I wanted to have it repaired it would cost $479 and to have it replace it would cost $119.  I'm somewhat confuse, if I purchased the DJI Care Refresh (which I did) what does it cover?  Should the DJI Care Refresh cover the repairs?  Could someone help me understand?
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

parth_jethva Posted at 2017-8-7 09:05
i crashed my mavic into the tree & i don't have dji care refresh but my gimbal is fine but broken leg only. any guess how much will it cost & how much time the process will take? Will they replace the drone?

Sorry for the crash accident, the drone will need to be evaluated by our repair team firstly and they will try  their best to get it fixed.
Here is the price of the main parts of our product for your reference: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
I've seen that you locate in India, please contact your dealer for assistance firstly, if they cannot help, please send email to support@dji.com, my colleague will assist.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ebaug Posted at 2017-8-7 15:23
My gimbal started overloading after a recent update.  I calibrated the gimbal per DJI but that didn't work so I had to send it to them (DJI) They received my Mavic the other day and informed me that two motors had to be replaced along with the gimbal.  If I wanted to have it repaired it would cost $479 and to have it replace it would cost $119.  I'm somewhat confuse, if I purchased the DJI Care Refresh (which I did) what does it cover?  Should the DJI Care Refresh cover the repairs?  Could someone help me understand?

If damage occurs accidentally to your product under normal use, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge each time the service is requested.
For the Mavic Pro, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced.
In NA region, the first time replacement fee is $79, the second time replacement fee is $129.
Would you please provide me your case number ? So that I can help to look into more details for better assistance.
2017-8-7
Use props
parth_jethva
New
India

Hey there a crack on my mavic body, but the aircraft is flying fine. how can i replace that right now i sticked it with glue but i have to replace that part with new one.
Image link : ?dl=0
Mavic crack.jpg
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

parth_jethva Posted at 2017-8-26 20:43
Hey there a crack on my mavic body, but the aircraft is flying fine. how can i replace that right now i sticked it with glue but i have to replace that part with new one.
Image link : [view_image]?dl=0

Please contact local dealer, I think they may help to replace the damaged part. If not, the drone will need to be sent back to China, if so, please send email to support@dji.com to start a ticket. Thanks.
2017-8-27
Use props
Shannon0019
New
Flight distance : 302 ft
United States

I know this is older but I replaced my ribbon on my gimbal for $9 I did it myself! An with the crack leg I had a spark do that an I just gutted it an but everything in a new body. It cost around $30.
2018-4-11
Use props
Martin Fyfe
New

Shannon0019 Posted at 2018-4-11 12:39
I know this is older but I replaced my ribbon on my gimbal for $9 I did it myself! An with the crack leg I had a spark do that an I just gutted it an but everything in a new body. It cost around $30.

Can you share a link to where you got the parts from?
2018-4-21
Use props
Harrison Whaley
New

United States

fanscb7fec85 Posted at 2017-2-1 10:58
Similar situation happened to by Mavik Pro. Was quoted $279 for the repair.

Was this repair through DJI or a third party?
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Harrison Whaley Posted at 4-22 17:09
Was this repair through DJI or a third party?

Hi Harrison, we do not recommend customers to repair the drone on their own since more issues could happen. For the safety concern, please send in the drone to DJI repair center for assistance if there is any problem with your drone, thanks for your understanding.
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules