TB47 Batteries Dead
3175 11 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb3832293
New

United States

I bought two TB47 batteries two years ago and pulled them out of the box today.  They were never used in this time.  When I try to check their battery level nothing happens, so I figured I'd charge it for awhile (6 hours +).  Didn't get any response from the pack.
Since they're out of warranty, I popped open the top and jumped the packs to 22v.  Now I'm getting the LED's to lightup, but it's just LED 1 (the one furthest from the power button) that flashes on both.  Left it plugged in overnight and still at the same situation.

Anything else I can do?
2017-1-31
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Since your batteries are out of warranty you could try this.
How to unbrick your battery

Best of luck

Mark G.

2017-1-31
Use props
fansb3832293
New

United States

Yeah I did that.  Been working on this all day and this is what I've discovered :

If your batteries are not responding at all, meaning you press the button and nothing happens when disconnected or connected from the charger, perform these steps :

Try this first : http://www.dronetrest.com/t/how- ... pire-1-battery/1012

If that doesn't work, your battery is really dead, as mine were, but you can breathe life into them but it will require some electronic hacks.

Watch this video :

He explains pretty much everything needed to be done.  One thing he doesn't mention is that once you remove the power from the hodge-podge circuit, the voltage drops to about 2V lower than when the circuit is connected.  I read somewhere that the battery refuses to charge if it's less than 21 or 22 volts in the pack, so while charging with your jumped setup, you need to stop it when it gets to around 23.5-24 from my experience.

Once I did this the packs came back to life and started charging and I'm flying.

The video above looks scary at first if you're new to electronics, but don't let that frighten you.  I have a very elementary knowledge of electronics and was easily able to do it.  Just go pickup a $20 multimeter (you'll use it for stuff in the future) and some $5 alligator clips.  A lot cheaper than buying new $200 batteries.

Hope this helps someone in the future.  Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
2017-1-31
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

fansb3832293 Posted at 2017-1-31 10:31
Yeah I did that.  Been working on this all day and this is what I've discovered :

If your batteries are not responding at all, meaning you press the button and nothing happens when disconnected or connected from the charger, perform these steps :

Great find dude!
2017-1-31
Use props
fans128e1ce0
lvl.3

United States

My battery had no lights so I tried this and now I have 2 leds light up it's the 2 in the middle and they stay on all the time. Also it looks like the battery is bloted it was like this before I tried to charge it..
0206171524a.jpg
0206171524.jpg
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans128e1ce0 Posted at 2017-2-6 17:54
My battery had no lights so I tried this and now I have 2 leds light up it's the 2 in the middle and they stay on all the time. Also it looks like the battery is bloted it was like this before I tried to charge it..

Once they start to bloat like that, they are completely unusable. How long have you had these batteries?
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb3832293 Posted at 2017-1-31 10:31

Good to hear you were able to find a solution. Please keep in mind that if you start to incur performance issues with them, it would be best to dispose of them. Those batteries are not swollen or malleable, correct?
2017-2-6
Use props
fans128e1ce0
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-6 22:24
Once they start to bloat like that, they are completely unusable. How long have you had these batteries?

I just got the Inspire yesterday I bought it used but the guy said the drone does power up and when I got it it had no power. I sent him a massage to see if he will do something about it.  I guess I'll have to buy a new battery.
2017-2-7
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

Great movie how to reanimate the battery, only watch out for safety issues.
It's better to do it with a LiPo-charger with a temperature probe on the battery. When the LiPo is getting to hot while charging, the charger stops charging.
Also it"s recomendable to charge the battery in a special LiPO charge-bag. So when the LiPo starts burning and keeps on burning this will keep the fire in the back and not in your home!

Keep safe!
Koos
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans128e1ce0 Posted at 2017-2-7 06:32
I just got the Inspire yesterday I bought it used but the guy said the drone does power up and when I got it it had no power. I sent him a massage to see if he will do something about it.  I guess I'll have to buy a new battery.

If you can get his original proof of purchase, you can see if it still has warranty left on it to get it replaced. The batteries have a 6 month warranty on them, so it's worth a shot if the previous owner didn't have it for that long. If the drone itself is less than a year old, then some of the other parts may have some warranty left in order to have for future warranty claims. It may be worth pursuing.
2017-2-7
Use props
Cdizzle
New

United States

You never want to leave you batteries fully charged for longer than three days, this can kill them. Discharge them too 3.6 to 3.8 volts per cell for storage.
2017-2-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Cdizzle Posted at 2017-2-11 16:01
You never want to leave you batteries fully charged for longer than three days, this can kill them. Discharge them too 3.6 to 3.8 volts per cell for storage.

I have mine set to discharge after 2 days. Never have to worry about them. Charge them when I'm done flying and leave them. Top them up the night/morning before I fly.

Mark G.
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules