Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh - paid for replacement but status is Repair
1792 16 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

CAS-422350-Q0S4H9

Sent my Mavic in for evaluation.

Received a quote with no damage assessment, no option to repair, just an option to pay $79 for a replacement.

I immediately paid the $79.

Status shows "1. under repair" - "It will take 3-4 working days for repair and test. Please wait patiently. "

I have contacted support to ask what this means given I was never presented with any option for repair, only for replacement.

They told me I opted for replacement. This was the only option I was given. Support tells me I should have contacted them for repair options. !!!! WHAT?

Isn't that what the quote they send me after assessing the unit is for? I have contacted support 7 times and they never mentioned repair options.

This is not how the steps outlined in my DJI Care agreement report this to work. Support is not following the guidelines set forth in the agreement.

This can't be normal. So why am I waiting for repairs on a unit I was never offered to have repaired when I am supposed to be getting (and paid for) a replacement?

I feel as though I'm not being told the truth because my status page does not align with what support tells me nor does it align with what the DJI Care agreement sets forth.

There was no physical damage to my Mavic, only a gimbal acting funky and if repair had been an option (as I am told it was) I'd have considered that.

They also told me I'll be getting a new Mavic replacement. Given the shortage of supply, does the repair facility send new replacements or repaired units?
2017-1-31
Use props
BradC234
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219770 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about your experience... I had the EXACT SAME thing happen to me. Terrible service & customer service, chances are you will be receiving a refurbished unit. The gimble would have cost quite a bit to repair anyway, not enough to justify the 99 then the 79 replacement though.......
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you have DJI Care Refresh and paid for the replacement, then you would receive a replacement aircraft. Since the Repair Center is closed at the moment, I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow morning.
2017-1-31
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-31 21:01
If you have DJI Care Refresh and paid for the replacement, then you would receive a replacement aircraft. Since the Repair Center is closed at the moment, I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow morning.

Thanks. I appreciate you.

I just don't understand why the quote contained no assessment and no repair option as outlined in the DJI Care agreement. It certainly makes me wonder if an assessment was even conducted since there is no documentation of it. It's hard for me to believe that the gimbal behaving strange means the entire drone has to be scrapped and replaced but since I've already paid for replacement it is moot.
2017-2-1
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.1
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-2-1 06:58

I just don't understand why the quote contained no assessment and no repair option as outlined in the DJI Care agreement. It certainly makes me wonder if an assessment was even conducted since there is no documentation of it. It's hard for me to believe that the gimbal behaving strange means the entire drone has to be scrapped and replaced but since I've already paid for replacement it is moot.

is the gimbal failure due to a crash?
2017-2-1
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-2-1
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

2017-2-1
Use props
fanscb7fec85
New

United States

pi$$ed_off Posted at 2017-2-1 07:33
can any on help with my issue aswell please ,basically sent my drone in for assessment ,declined repair option after getting invoice for 129 and chose for the refresh at 79 ,called dji lady to explain it will only let me pay for repair , says she is sorry please wait 24 to 48 hours for a reply with a new invoice,then today another email exactually the same offering only to pay for a repair?????? so stressed out so another 48 hours ,what then if its three in a row....???? keep sending me the same repair invoice?

I've been in the same loop since my damaged unit was shipped back on 1/24.  Waiting 24-48 hours for an invoice which never came. I have been online chatting at least 6 different times.  Still nothing as of today! CAS-414901-F5W0Y3
2017-2-1
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-2-1 06:58

So I did confirm that it will be replaced not repaired.

From what I was able to find, the DJI Care Refresh replacement offer is normally what is sent out first as it's normally the preferred option. If one wanted to look into a repair option instead, it would require contacting the Support Center in order to look into repair instead of replacement. The repair team can only have one active invoice at a time, so they cannot send both a repair/ Refresh replacement invoice at the same time.

In regards to what was assessed, it was determined that the camera/gimbal component along with the Mavic's middle frame would have needed to be replaced from the impact it experienced. The cost of parts with two hours of labor would have totaled to $313. You should have received an email from the NA Support Team earlier Today with the alternate total.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pi$$ed_off Posted at 2017-2-1 07:41
cas-412111-j0y8f5  case number

Thank you for supplying this. I'll have this escalated for you to get it addressed. I don't know how instantaneous it is given the time difference on my end, but we'll help take care of this.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fanscb7fec85 Posted at 2017-2-1 10:31
I've been in the same loop since my damaged unit was shipped back on 1/24.  Waiting 24-48 hours for an invoice which never came. I have been online chatting at least 6 different times.  Still nothing as of today! CAS-414901-F5W0Y3

They are working to send out the $79 invoice now. Based on some previous correspondence you indicated that you have already paid a $79 invoice. Is that the case or did the link not work? I just want to make sure we're on the same page so that you aren't charged twice.
2017-2-1
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

2017-2-1
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

I encountered the same : Paid $79 for my replacement for DJI Care Refresh. Now waiting for shipping tracking which advertised as get prioritized replacement units, greatly reducing the time it takes for you to get back in the air. Why does my case say in repair?  Been waiting 2 days while still being told it needs to be approved before I get a shipping tracking of replacement.  Wouldn't say that the process has been priority VIP service!!!
2017-2-10
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

fansaa3da6c4 Posted at 2017-2-10 07:48
I encountered the same : Paid $79 for my replacement for DJI Care Refresh. Now waiting for shipping tracking which advertised as get prioritized replacement units, greatly reducing the time it takes for you to get back in the air. Why does my case say in repair?  Been waiting 2 days while still being told it needs to be approved before I get a shipping tracking of replacement.  Wouldn't say that the process has been priority VIP service!!!

AGreed, I'm in the same boat.. this is weird.
2017-2-21
Use props
BoomDogs
New
United States

Agree, DJI support sucks.  I have a open support ticket as well "It will take 3-6 working days for repair and test. Please wait patiently."  been more that 3-6 days.  No response and charged me $400.  
2017-5-4
Use props
fans75ee7b05
lvl.1
Ireland

This has been the worst experience in terms of customer service. I've been waiting a week for an invoice, multiple calls, online chats and emails to receive this invoice. now that I have it I've been trying to use my refresh option as repairs are insanely high. Melanie, Tatay and Carb (whole support team) were like talking to the most highly fraustrsting robotic team with their "I'll escalate this with the invoice department" if I never contacted them initially I ponder if anything at all would if happened. I'm still getting large invoices with no warranty status. By far the worst customer service experience I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. CAS-609040-Z5V1W5
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules