Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will the I2 with DJO GO 4.0 Alert you if there is new firmware?
735 5 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

I understand the process with my mavic in terms of the app alerting me of a new update and then applying.  Is it the same with the I2?  From what I read in the manual you need to hook the bird up to a computer to actually update it, however will the iphone app at least alert me software is avaialble?  When I took it out of the box it did, but it only updated the control and then everythng was all set.  I just want to make sure I have the latest and greatest applying since I have yet to hook the bird directly to a computer.  TY in advance.
2017-1-31
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
United States

anyone,  would appreciate some insight.
2017-2-1
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

Yes the DJI Go 4 app should alert you to a firmware update - I've seen screenshots from other people.

But it would be wise to start everything up, and let it sit on the app startup page for a minute (the one where you see a pic of your aircraft)... to see if the message pops up in red at the top left.
> 1 way to check if its running the latest firmware is to start the app, go to aircraft, then tap the icon bar at the top left to get a confirmation of the latest firmware.
> Another way is to Start the DJI Assistant 2, flick the I2 selector switch to the down position, and connect it to PC, and start it. This way will confirm the firmware version, and show you the update if another one is available.

You are correct in that one way to update the aircraft firmware is to use the downloadable DJI Assistant 2... but you can also use a mobile device to upgrade the aircraft firmware.
Toggle the selector switch to UP on the I2, connect to mobile device, start the DJI Go 4 app...
2017-2-1
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
United States

thank you!!!
2017-2-1
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

NJ, I hear what you are saying about wanting the "latest and greatest" but in reality, DJI firmware updates, along with their tweaks and modifications, come with all sorts of problems. A lot of people will wait for weeks, sometimes months after f/w updates to read of any bug reports.
The best advice would be to read the release notes on the download page, if there is nothing in the new firmware of any value to you, wait, if no one else has any problems after a few weeks, go for the update. There is nothing wrong with using the old (tried and tested) firmware.
You won't be saying "latest and greatest" when your bird flies away. (Let's hope not).

Mark G.
2017-2-2
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
United States

good point and I should know better being in the IT world...thanks for the advice.
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules